Friday, August 1, 2014

Research First

There are days at work, where I just have to shake my head at customers and wonder. "Really?"

So I had this duo come into work. Daddy and daughter. Having some great one on one time.
What were they here for?
To get some new fish for their tank.

And they wanted specific fish.
Knowing that they already had fish,
I queried them on what fish they already had.

And uh. oh.

The fish that they had in their tank....
Don't always do well with the fish that they wanted to add.
(There will always be that tank where for some reason the fish all survive.)

Which meant, that I did my best to convince them otherwise.
They could get different fish.
No.
They could get rid of the fish they already have.
No.

"I have another tank we could set up."
Well, that was helpful, but new tanks and new fish don't do well either... they tend to not make it.
>.<
But, I didn't really get the chance to tell the Daddy this.

Because really, he was on a mission.
Spoil my little girl! Get her what she wants!

Okay, so they have a brand new tank, not even set up yet, and want to add fish.
So I suggested some fish that would work for this tank.
And also suggested that they should only get a few. Like five fish at the most.

Did he listen?
No.
Spoil my daughter! Must. Spoil her!

And so they left the store,
with too many fish for the tank they are 'supposedly going to set up' (it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up putting them in the original tank....)

And I could only cross my fingers and hope.
That they don't wake up to dead fish in the morning.
>.< But if they do, serves them right.
As I tried my best to convince them to go down the path that would give them a higher likely hood of the fish actually surviving.

*sighs*
But really? Really??!!

If I were a dad, setting out to make a great date with my daughter.
I would do my research before hand!

Because nothing can make a great memory go bad,
Like a smelly fish tank full of dead fish in the morning.

"Daaadddddyyy, why is the fish floating???"
Could be traumatic really.

Soo you want to add fish to your fish tank? Or get your bundle of joy a fish.

First. The tank.
what does it have? What is the size? Does it have a filter? Does it have a heater?
What fish are already in this tank if there is one at home?
Okay, what can go with it?
Great. Stay with those fish.

Brand new fish tank? Buy the tank a day before the daddy daughter date. Set it up, have it ready, and then go spoil your pride and joy the next day.

BUT DON'T BUY A TON OF FISH!
>.<
 Again, too many fish in the tank, and they can perish rather quickly.

*shakes head*

If you want this to be a great memory....do research. Don't spur of the moment anything when it comes to animals, or else you may end up with a nasty surprise.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment