Thursday, August 14, 2014

Steamer Problems

In the early days of the Church, President Brigham Young asked Wilford Woodruff to take his family to Boston and gather the Saints from New England and Canada and send them to Zion.
With a company of 100, they arrived at Pittsburgh at sundown.
Brother Woodruff recorded:

"We did not want to stay there, so I went to the first steamboat that was going to leave.
I saw the captain and engaged passage for us on that steamer.
I had only just done so when the spirit said to me, ... 'Don't go aboard that steamer, nor your company.'
Of course, I went and spoke to the captain, and told him that I had made up my mind to wait.

"Well, that ship started, and had only got five miles down the river when it took fire, and three hundred persons were burned to death or drowned."
What if the Saints had not followed the counsel of Wilford Woodruff?
All wisely chose to be obedient.
Had they not done so, they would have perished.

-James E. Faust -Power of the Priesthood -April 1997 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment