Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Too Many Boxes

My coworkers were rather nice to me today.
They knew I had been gathering boxes to move from my old place to my new one.
And so, they had set aside a whole set from that day's truck for me.
Only...I had taken home like 3 sets of boxes filled with boxes. At least 24 if not more. And having only used 8 of them so far...I didn't think I needed more. At least not until I got the time to actually pack up everything and see how many boxes I had leftover or still needed.

So my coworkers were like "Alright, take what you need, we'll just toss out the rest tomorrow morning."
And I thought to myself.
....they're just going to go in the garbage.....
And I have a whole apartment complex gearing up to move.....

So I posted on my ward's facebook group, a message, simply stating that if anyone moving was in need of boxes I could bring some home for them from work.
I actually hadn't expected a response, I'd posted before there and hadn't had anyone reply. But I figured, to be nice, I would do so anyway.

And soon, I had 5 or 6 people clamoring that they would like to take a few boxes.
Insomuch that I worried that I wouldn't have enough boxes to give to everyone.
Still, I stated that I would gather as many of them as I could, and bring them back.
I also stated that everyone could meet me at my car, as that would be easier.
Since I already knew I had two boxes full of folded up boxes, and there was no way I would be able to carry both of them up to my apartment, and I didn't really want to go door to door to people's apt's either giving them boxes. So I figured, meet me at my parking spot.

However, I ran into a snag, >.< I ended up being scheduled later than planned at work. (Wrote down my schedule wrong. Boo)
So I could meet at the time I said I could meet, so I pushed it back an hour.
So I drove there, expecting there to be people waiting, or at least coming soon to grab their boxes....

And no one came.
>.< Not one soul.
And here I was, two boxes full of boxes (like 20 boxes total) sitting in my car.
Did I leave them in my car?
No.
I could have, but for sure, I would have,
except, I knew that if I did, I would have a line of people waiting at my door (as I gave my apt as a second location to grab them from.) and I would have to go all the way downstairs to my car to grab them. I could have left one set of boxes in the car....but who knows, again, how many people would actually want boxes.
So it would be better to have all of them in one spot, just in case the masses came.
Though I figured they wouldn't come. Experience shows, when you're prepared, no one comes, when you're not...that's when they do.

But two boxes, and two little arms....not a great combination. I could carry one box up at a time, in fact I'd already done it three times before in the last couple of days as I gathered my own supply.
But two boxes at once? Ha.
Not going to happen.

However, have you ever heard of a teenager who ever makes two trips when they could make it in one?
How many college students do you see with their arms loaded up with a dozen grocery bags so they don't have to make two trips? (I've done it myself a ton.)

Which meant.
I was bringing my boxes up to my apartment.
.At the exact same time.

How did I manage it?
Well... I didn't carry them for sure. Not in my arms.
Instead, I did the whole "Daddy with daughter on foot idea."
And placed one foot under one box and the other foot under the second.
And slowly, ever so slowly (it took me ten minutes to do a two minute thing.)
Walked the boxes over to the elevator.

The whole time fuming to myself.
>.< Why is it people never show up when you want them to??
Where were all the GUYS to help a poor WEAK girl carry all these BOXES??
No where.
People came in and out,
and not one offered to lift a finger.
Typical. I think in the year I've lived here only one person has ever offered to help me... maybe two... >.<

Stubbornly I persisted on. >.<
Finally making it to my apartment....
Only to see no people waiting there.
All that effort, and I really could have left the boxes in the car!!

Still, at least they were up here in case I needed them myself.

Multiple people ended up contacting me.
Only one came tonight to grab a few boxes.
The rest, are waiting til tomorrow morning.
I warned them that there might not be any,
But still they insisted, they'll come tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it's not super early, or they will be getting a grouchy Sarnic answering the door.

But then again it's a matter of "If they come."
People have said they wanted boxes.
I have boxes.
How many will come get them?

I'll guess we'll see.

But at least, I made one girl's night tonight. ^^
Lol her eyes got rather big when she saw all the boxes I'd brought over. And she gratefully took a few.
And in my mind, at least that, has made this day better.
I've helped one person today, relieving a little bit of stress for them.
We'll see how many I can help tomorrow. ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was on a trip with a bunch of other people, most of them friends. We were down south in a red rock type area, walking along a river bank, when I looked up and saw Native American Petroglyphs on the rock wall. Trying to get closer, I ended up jumping the river -landing for one hop in the water before rolling back onto dry land, so I could take a better picture. I pulled out my camera phone, and worked to snap photos, though the rest of my group, particularly the leader, called to me to say it was time to go see the show. -we were near an amusement park of sorts- I took a photo and noticed that the pictures had collased to form one giant pictograph, and as I moved my camera, the picture would move, jumping up and down, doing tumbling tricks. I only managed to take two photos before I hopped back over the river to go to the play. Which meant a bit of interaction with my friend and her boyfriend....who I didn't like much, mostly from jealousy that I didn't have a boyfriend I think, I rushed into the theatre and up some stairs to get into the main auditorium, but the lady said that I couldn't enter in at this entrance I had to go to the next one. So I ran over to the next one, only to be told the same thing. Again. and again, like six times in a row before I finally found a stairway where the attendant would let me in -even though I didn't have my ticket- so I could go sit and enjoy the play...
Only I was racing home with another girl on my bike, going down the Old Highway after the performance, passing by the Kmart, and the Mcdonalds. We both had devices on our bikes -bicycles- that looked like a gravel mixture of cement, and as we peddled -going nearly 60mph which was a bit fast, so we slowed down to more like 50mph, the gravel would churn and build within the cylindrical machine. We road until we got to my home. I figured that whoever got there first would have their cannon shoot the gravel mixture at the loser, but the opposite happened, it exploded all over my bike in a mixture of cement and shiny pebbles, making it impossible for me to move. I thought that was really stupid, why would you want to destroy the bike of the person in the lead? Was it a race of whoever got there last? In any case, I left my bike and went into the basement of my parents place...where I noticed green slimy water coming from the direction of the bathroom/myold bedroom. Following it, I clambered onto furniture and things to keep from getting wet, to try and find the source of the water. It wasn't the bathroom, nor my old bedroom/storage room, but I discovered that that my Brother's room, was the source, though I couldn't find the real source of the flowing water. The bed had an old quilt on it, the walls painted yellow and brown. And water was everywhere. It seemed to seep from the place where the walls met the floor, but also down the walls, and right there by the light fixture was a gigantic moldy mess of a hole that dripped as well. Looking like the bathroom above had possibly flooded and therefore flooded my Cous Jo's room, which he kept in a terrible state. He didn't seem to realize what a horrible room he was living in. With mold, and holes, and tons of white spiders hanging from their webs on the ceiling. Neither did his parents seem at all concerned. So I left, carefully making sure I didn't slip onto the disgusting floor, and as I clambered through boxes and boxes, there were all these kittens in every direction huddled in the hoarding situation, making a living, I scooped up one kitten and cuddled it for a moment before....

The unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment