Saturday, August 9, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake!


I was asked to switch shifts today with a coworker.
Why?
Well, apparently their second job, scheduled them to work when they were already scheduled to work at Starsmet.
-I'm not totally clear on the details on how the jobs got double scheduled. O.o
But it happened.

In any case, they weren't able to work their regularly scheduled shift.
And so, I was asked to come in earlier, when they were scheduled, and work the normal length of my shift, but a few hours earlier.
While my coworker would come in right after they got done with their other job,
and work their schedule shift length.

I really didn't think much of this shift switchup.
I've done it before,
The only thing I was regretting about coming in so early in the morning,
was that I was going to see a movie the night before that would get me home late, late enough that I would only get about 5 hours of sleep before I would have to go to work.

But I like the morning shifts in general (lack of sleep discounted)
:) So I was happy to be able to work earlier and get done with work way earlier than I was scheduled to. ^^

My coworker though,
when they came in,
Didn't just bring themselves.

No, they had spent the night before baking a cake for me and Sirch as a Thank You.
^^
Awwwwww
That just brightened my whole day!! ^^
Someone made something for me!! ^^
Sooo sweet. ^^


I'll have to switch shifts a bit more often if I can get cake at the end of it. ^^ lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work, trying to leave, but kinda just messing around waiting for Sirch to get unbusy so I could talk to him, but then I noticed that this obstacle course had been set up down the center aisle of the store. And there was my name, and the Kid's name like we were facing off, so I took off at the course, running, jumping, trying to reach rings that were hanging above me, but I was too short to reach them, (which was rather unfair as my coworker was taller.) But finally I was able to reach a ring and swing over to the finish line. Landing, just as there was a countdown finishing up for us to complete the course, before we were no longer eligible to compete, in a pile of balloons and squishy foam squares. Having completed the course I returned to the course and started swinging on the rings, trying to skip as many as I could....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment