Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waking Up

My bedroom is too dark.

Really, with the blinds closed as they are,
It feels like it's the same time if I wake up with the sun or if I wake up nearly at noon.
The light doesn't change much from my westerdly facing window.
It probably doesn't help that it's been overcast as well the last week or so.

In any case.
It's really easy for me to sleep in later than I probably should because it stays nice and dark in my room with my blinds closed.

Which got me to thinking,
That they should invent a 'sunrise' lamp.

For those in dark rooms.
And don't want to sleep the day away,
but don't want to be woken up by an annoying alarm.

Instead, this lamp. Would mimic the sun.
So that as it rises above the horizon in real life,
the little mini sun on the lamp will as well.
And as it reaches certain times in the day, the light will reach 'bright spots' where it shines brightly, brightly enough that it will cause the sleepers like me to wake because the sun is up.
Once it reaches it's 'noon' height, (the top of the lamp) it will then sink slowly back down so that you can watch the sunset.

Oooh and perhaps the colors will change each night! That would be cool!

In any case.
It could be something worth looking into.
So that dark rooms, don't stay dark during the day. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment