Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cleaning to Move to... Clean?

It's the second time in a row I've had to do this.
Move in and out of my apartments on the same day.
Let me tell you.
Not.
A.
Fan.

It's sooo stressful!
For I have to pack up the first apartment, and make sure everything is squeaky clean before I can leave the old place for good, and go to the new place where my room is quickly filled with boxes to the point you can hardly see the bed.

In any case,
Coming to my new place.
Was a new experience.

As for once, I wasn't super stressed out about where I was moving to.
The last two times I moved, I was left feeling bereft.
Alone.
By myself.
No one to go to to talk.
Not a favorite feeling at all. As it takes me forever to relax into a new place, even longer to make friends.

This experience, was one...that I guess some people get quite often when moving in, but I hadn't.
I mean, I've moved in and there's already been roommates there.
But the place has been clean.

This place.....
Well, the bedroom I was supposed to move into....had apparently had a black lab living in it. O.o
Empty bedroom.
Black lab.
It smelt horrible.
Not as bad as some smells I've smelled...considering I work at a pet store.
But I could immediately smell urine on the floor.
Not something I wanted.
Luckily,
Because I was moving in early (though they lost the paperwork I'd filled out saying I was requesting to move in early.) They decided to go double check and make sure the room was 'presentable' though that early paper work said that I would accept the apartment 'as is.'
Luckily they did.
Because again, there had apparently been a dog living there. (I thought the place didn't allow dogs...)
Thankfully, they didn't make me take that room.
Instead they gave me a different bedroom in the same apartment.
Which I actually like a lot more. ^^
For one, my window doesn't over look the stairs leading to the door, so I don't have to hear all the constant coming and goings of people.

In any case.
It's weird.
As the apartment itself...wasn't totally clean.
It's crazy.
I mean, I'd just spent hours upon hours cleaning up my apartment,
to come to one where the previous tenants had 'failed' their move out cleaning check.
Like obviously failed failed. Crazy!

After spending years in apartment buildings that were a stickler for cleaning...
It came as a surprise.
Though, I hear it can be quite common...
That people don't take the effort to clean a place up for those who are coming after them.

It's odd to me.
Why would you not be considerate of others?
Laziness? Selfishness? Willingness to just accept fines and pay the apt to clean it for you?

Seriously, it made me think, that if I owned an apartment complex.
I would probably safe myself the hassle, and just charge everyone in the apartment a cleaning fee.
I mean, they end up having to do that anyway when people don't clean anyway, so why not forgo it?
Or maybe I would charge the messy ones double.
Yes.
"You have a $15 cleaning fee at the end of the lease, that can be waived if you clean your assigned areas. If the apartment is messy above expected standards of messiness (dust, some stained carpets, windows/mirrors not washed.) then residents will be charged $50."

Yes. Yes, I would do something like that.

But seriously. Why be that inconsiderate? That lazy? That selfish? *shakes head*
I don't get it.
But at least I managed to avoid a horrible encounter with my new apt place since the office had been considerate to switch my room. :)

^^ And on the bright side. I have a bigger bed this time around! so I can spread out like crazy and not worry about falling over in my restless sleepings. ^^ Love it!! :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment