Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Texts of Love

It wasn't a restful night for me.

I just couldn't rest easy.
I tossed, I turned.
I got up at one point and got a little freaked out because the TV was on....and I was positive I'd turned it off.

But, I didn't sleep well.
It may be stress from having to move and clean up my apartment and then get into a new apartment with new roommates.
It may be some sort of reaction to Robin Williams' death.
Or both.

In many ways, I was glad to finally be able to get up and go about my day.
But it was a melancholy mood that brought me to work.
One where I had to fight a bit to keep my spirits up.
Especially when things weren't going as well as I wanted them to at work.

In any case.
It was a relief to finally be going on my first break. To just put my feet up and give myself some peace of mind.
As was my habit, I checked my phone.
No messages.
Which was slightly disappointing. I had half expected there to be something there, even if it was just an email for junk mail....
So I set my phone down, turned away to grab a snack, turned back.

O.o And my phone was lit up.
In the twenty seconds I had been away from my phone, someone had texted me.

Who was it?
My sister Kikay.

And her message,
Was something I hadn't realized I needed to hear today.
But really, it couldn't have come at the more perfect time.

"Hey, I had a dream you were crying and had lost all faith in men, and thought you were ugly. So. to clarify: Sarnic, my dear sister, you are beautiful, and I'm not just saying that. Your quiet demeanor is regal and powerful. You may not know it, but you influence others everyday. You remind me a lot of mom, how her gentle persuasion nudges others to do good, and her powerful ability to love anyone solidifies trust. Just because no one says it doesn't mean you go unnoticed. Like the warmth of sunlight, people take your presence for granted, but if you were to vanish you would be sorely missed. You are slender, graceful, and beautiful, so don't let anyone or anything dim your spirit, confidence, and smile. I love you."

While, I hadn't been crying last night, I really hadn't found peace,
and this message. Brought a measure of peace back into my day.
To know that someone was thinking of me. Was taking the time to compliment me.
I hadn't really been getting that outside of work, recently. So to have it randomly out of the blue, was a very welcome thing to me.

But that wasn't all, Two others, my friends Fluffy and Mirleki also happened to text me at the exact same time as Kikay had.
(I almost feel like they planned it..... lol idk for sure though. >.>)

In any case.
Fluffy wrote in her message:

"Hey! I just wanted to let you know how special you are! You are so funny, and I love it when you come over! You're so cute, too! I also love playing guess the movie soundtrack! Even though I'm moving, I wanted you to know that if you need anything, I'll do my best to see if I can do it!!!

(see why I think they planned it? lol.)
Again, it was words I needed to hear. Just to know that someone was thinking of me, that if I needed help they would do their best to drop by and help....

:)
And lastly.
Mirleki.
She sent the shortest message.

"Morning!"

But even this one word text, brought a smile to my face.
I think the exclamation point did it.
It wasn't a Morning.
or a Morning?
But Morning!

Like. Good morning! Isn't today beautiful!
It was a "Hey, look on the bright side of things. It's morning!"

Basically,
I got a nice emotional boost this morning from my sister and my friends.
When I really needed it.
Without realizing I needed it.
Which meant that I may have spent a few minutes of my break with tears running down my face.

A moment to let my guard down, and just know that someone else cares for me, when it really had been feeling like I've been the one caring for everyone else.....

It just goes to show, that random urge to text someone.
Can be a random moment when someone really needs a pick me up.

Thanks so much guys, for the texts this morning.
I really needed them after last night. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment