Sunday, August 10, 2014

Silent Testimony

Music.
It's a way to express oneself.
To let your emotions out.

And every Sunday for the past couple of months,
I've been able to do that.
Because I was called to be the Music Coordinator... or something like that.
Basically, I'm in charge of picking the music for Sacrament on Sunday.

Which I've found rather fun,
Especially because I make my music selections blindly, not knowing what talks will be given to go with it.
So it's always a fun feeling, to have the music coordinate with the talks. ^^

But it's also been a great way,
to express myself.
In a way, to bear my testimony through music of the gospel. Of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.

 And I've enjoyed it immensely.
Being able to silently contribute to the spirit already within the room.

Which is just how I like it, as talking in public isn't always a favorite of mine.
>.< Unfortunately, my silent part of this ward isn't going to stay silent.
I thought I'd manage to get away with not being chosen as a speaker for Sacrament again in this ward, having already given a talk nearly a year ago. Surely once was enough for them...
But no.
>.> Thanks to some fingers being pointed in my direction,
I've been tapped to give a talk on my last Sunday in this ward. >.<
Well...we'll see how this goes..... I'll let you all know. ;) lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I went to school in my underwear. Not on purpose mind you, but apparently I couldn't find my clothes and I was going to be late to class...or else I hadn't realized it until I got to class. I managed to do alright, doing school work and such, and didn't start feeling awkward about it until I actually started thinking about it. Then I felt really self conscious about it, I ended up leaving, and now clothed, ended up at a friend's mansion of a house. With multiple stories and towers and such, with lots of different odd and end locations you could end up in. He ended up showing me around his house, and secret passageways to get to observation decks away from the house and such. I was having a good time, though I was a bit stressed because I was worried about work things, and so as I was packing up my things and heading to my car, because I needed to get to work, He came at me with a "Why do you never pay any attention to me anymore?" Question. My response was a basically a 'how self centered can you be?' sort of thought, and a 'Hello? I've been super crazy busy at work, I haven't had much time to talk, and it's not like you pay any attention to me either. Whenever we talk it's all about you." But getting that out into the open, seemed to make our friendship better, at least it relaxed things between us, so that we were able to joke around and chat like we had before. But as I was wandering around the house, I ended up meeting up with my own family because I had discovered these pictures my dad had taken of a really cool place we'd gone to as children, and I wanted to go back. So we started our journey, walking through different places, like along a grey cliff face with trees that had been blown into a semi circle by the wind, so we were walking in a tunnel, towards a castle, and also around redrocks and sand areas that had different rituals by different people happening. Some places I could remember being before, but others I had no recollection of passing through this place, even though something familiar would come up the path soon after. We ended up in a foresty area, where we had to get into a river run ride, that was a giant tube that would send us to the next part of our destination, and I was wary of getting wet, because for some reason, I didn't want to, but we all went to climb in....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment