Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Day in Review -January 1st

It's the first day of the New Year!! :D
Which means it's time to start new traditions!
One I've been thinking about for a while, is to start posting little snippets of what I've written in my journals for the past... however many years.
I mean, what's the point of having a journal if I don't eventually look back at it?
So once a week (the day I do this will change.)
I will give you a look into my 'history.' :) See what I was up to on the same day in the past few years. :)

So here we go!!
(As a note, before 2008, my journal writing was rather limited and spastic, I only started regularly writing in them upon graduation from High School. :) )

Sunday January 1st, 2006
- We went to Church at 9am and everyone was tired because we stayed up late to celebrate the New Years by doing Fireworks in the Rain the night before.
(Odd to think it rained in the middle of winter. O.o)

Thursday, January 1st, 2009
- I had stayed up til 2am the night before so I could call my Uncle Blake and wish him a Happy New Year as he had to work through midnight. I ended up being sick most of the day, getting more paranoid about being sick because it was discovered I was bitten by something, most likely a spider. My family and I went and saw The Dark Knight this day and I made three New Years Resolutions 2 of which I was already confident I wouldn't keep upon writing them down.
1. -Write a page a day. (didn't keep.)
2. -Draw something once a week. (didn't keep.)
3. Read the Quad (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, D&C plus PGP) in a year.
This I did accomplish. ^^

Friday January 1st, 2010
-I spent the day reading two books, (no idea which ones) but I didn't like either of them much. I went to bed early this day as I was feeling sick (hope this isn't a pattern. :S) I thought it was because a) I ate too much junk food and/or b) I'd just spent 12 straight hours reading.

Saturday, January 1st, 2011 (1/1/11)
- I spent most of the day working on rewriting chapter 2 of my Arcis Ankel story. I'd gotten to chapter 21 before I decided I needed to go back and add stuff in. (ended up struggling in rewrites and never made it past chapter 21 again. :( )
I went shopping with my Dad as well today, and enjoyed the company he gave me. :)
Then I went to a WAMN night (Writers, Artist, Movie Night) with my friends, but I didn't have as much fun as I wanted because no one seemed as interested in my story. :( I tried to convince myself I didn't care because I was rewriting it anyway. :)

Sunday, January 1st, 2012
- At this point in time I was house sitting for one of my dad's coworkers while they were on vacation, making sure that their dogs got to go outside, and that their cat had company. This day I was annoyed at one of their dogs because he kept me up all night howling (he hated being put in the kennel but I didn't want him sleeping on the bed with me as I wanted the cat to be with me.) My sister and I went to the Singles Ward, and I spent the rest of the day reading Inheritance (The Eragon book?)
It wasn't a happy day for me, as I was feeling super isolated in that house by myself. (I had no internet I recall) And I was feeling like I was in my 2nd year of college all over again. (Roommates were never home, and I was limited in going places because I didn't have a car that year.) I like isolation, but forced isolation gets depressing after a while.

Tuesday, January 1st, 2013
- I ended up staying in CollegeTown for New Years Eve because I had early morning work this day so I couldn't travel home to be with family, though I celebrated via phone with them. It was a bit auspicious for me getting to work as a light dusting of snow covered an icy parking lot and my car got stuck in two ruts while trying to pull out, but I managed to get to work safely and on time. I came in to find my coworker working on our Sick Tank, as apparently last night she poured in too much of a chemical and killed all the fish. :( So depressing, but I was happy because the day before I had taken home Legolas a 3 legged frog from that tank for my sister. So I managed to save his life. ^^ Work went better than I had expected to because my coworker W, wasn't that fast in the mornings usually, but Manager T had given us a deadline to have our department open by 9. (My coworker had come in at 5 and me at 6) Which spurred my coworker to move faster than she had been. Which was great as it allowed me to focus on doing the bedding changes for the Hamsters, and I managed to get it done in 2 hours instead of the usual 3. :D I was also proud of myself because I was running low on bedding and hadn't gotten supplies in yet. I managed to get all the cages clean and filled with what I had though it came close! I wouldn't have had to worry so much, but two of our mice ended up fighting so I had to take them off the floor to our Recovery room so they could heal from their wounds, and that took up some bedding. :S
After work I grabbed 'a bunch of quarters' and went and saw Rise of the Guardians (don't know who I went with though...) and I was surprised that the theatres were packed. (I'd forgotten it was New Years Day at that point and that many people would have the day off) I came back from the movie to a "LaKah Ambush" -roommate- and ended up grabbing another handful of quarters and venturing over to Taco Bell for dinner.
I worked on our Quote Book (book of quotes of funny things us roomies have said.) for the rest of the evening, but had to go to bed at 10pm because I had to get up at 4am. (that meant I had a 5am work shift) But I was feeling alright with that as it was only 5 hours long (short for me, usually its 8 hours.)

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014
-I had a shift that started later in the morning this day, so I'd been able to go up to HomeTown to spend New Years with the family, I ended up sleeping really well, when I woke up to my alarm I was super relaxed. I drove from HomeTown straight to work, to find that Reth hadn't yet finished opening the department. Relaxing came to an end when I discovered that it was just me and her scheduled for the whole day! Luckily it was a short day so we closed early, but I was struggling when Reth left.Thankfully another coworker Namada came over to help me out. My day at work ended with Manager Reci discovering that someone had placed a cat in one of our display kennels. ()_() How's that to start of a new year. Abandoned? :( Poor thing, but a coworker took the kitty in, so they weren't abandoned for too long. Though it did show how busy we were, that we didn't notice someone leaving a cat until after we closed down for the day. :S

Thursday, January 1st, 2015
- Today. :) This January 1st found me sick. Not the headache or ate too much junk food sick, but the actual "I have a cold sick." I had early morning work again (not as early as last year) which meant that I again wasn't able to be home for New Years Eve (I celebrated with my sister in her apt down here.) I managed to start feeling better a couple of hours into my shift. :) Crowds weren't too bad though around 1:30/2ish we had a rush, luckily I had more coverage this year as I wasn't able to be out helping as I was accepting in our newest shipment of animals -which was a relief to me, I'd been worried they wouldn't show up today due to the New Year. But they did! ^^ Work was a struggle to me for one simple reason....I didn't have much of a voice. And in my job, there is a lot of talking involved, so over the course of my shift it would come and fade depending on how much talking I had to do with customers. Thankfully, it lasted well enough for me to finish out the day. I ended up grabbing myself some Chicken Enchilada Chili from Zupas to help with my cold and took a long nap, and have stayed curled up in my bed the rest of the evening recovering. :)

And there you have it!
My Day in Review. ^^;
Twas actually a lot of fun, and I'm currently finding it difficult to not do this everyday. :) Don't worry, I won't though. lol Just once a week. ^^ Still, it's nice to revisit some old memories and see what was similar and different each year on the same day. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work, and as I was going to our cricket podium, I saw the head of a giant milk snake sticking out of it. The head had to be the size of my hand. It was super long too, big and wide, about 12ish feet or so. With the front half of it a light skyish blue, and the rest the typical milksnake banded colors. I also found another snake with it, a smaller babyBall Python (Pinstripedish) and grabbed them, holding them. I was amazed, how had these snakes, particularly the Milksnake, manage to hide out for so long and get so huge without us seeing them before now! I took them to my manager to see what he wanted me to do with them, and the answer was....nothing. He wanted me to just let them go again. O.o I didn't know if I actually wanted to do that, but the snakes weren't being easy to handle either, they were constantly biting and striking at my left arm, though I wasn't too concerned as they weren't poisonous.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment