Tuesday, January 13, 2015

To Be Rescued

I had an institute class tonight.
My second time going to this particular class this semester.

And at one point, we were asked to look in the Book of Mormon for a story where someone rescued someone else.

As the theme of the class period was "To the Rescue."
Basically, what could be done and what has been done to help people in need, spiritually, emotionally, physically.

Of course, people went to the more obvious choices.
Of people in bad places, being brought by into the light by the faithful and such.

I didn't find a story like that.
Call me....stubborn I suppose.
But I like trying to find something different.
Use the theme and find a different sort of answer that most people wouldn't give.

When was there a time that someone rescued someone else?

My mind ended up going to my favorite Book of Mormon story.
The 2,000 Stripling warriors.
But not the part where the sons volunteer to go to war instead of their peaceful fathers.

No, I went elsewhere.
To the scene where the 2,000 Stripling warriors were playing 'bait' and were leading the Lamanite Army away so that Antipus's Army could catch them and defeat them.
These guys were way more experienced than the 2,000 warriors who'd never seen a battle.

But they ended up getting into trouble. The Lamanites were overwhelming them, as Antipus' group had forced marched to meet up with them and weren't in top shape.

And the 2,000 warriors lead by Helaman....decided to turn back and go back to their brother army.
Comparative Greenies, they joined the battle and helped Antipus's group defeat the Lamanites.

And basically what I said was that "Even though people may appear strong, they could be close to being overwhelmed, and that even when you're unexperienced you could save the day for them."

Basically. The Experienced can use help from Greenies every now and then.

I don't recall the exact words I said.
Mostly because I was just....speaking, not consciously remembering what I was saying.

Which put me quite on the spot when the teacher was like "Stop. Say that again, exactly how you just said it."
My head had already gone onto my next thought....so I really couldn't remember what I'd just said.
I'd drawn a blank lol.
Rather sad that someone behind me had to say my words back to me.
But it's not untypical of me.

Sometimes I just speak.
I get the words out there.
But it's not something I remember as I say, mostly because I guess....I wasn't saying them for my benefit, but for someone else to benefit from them. *shrugs*

I'm just proud of myself that I chose to speak in class.
For the most part I stay quiet.
So that was a nice change for me. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in my front yard, running with a bunch of people like Kikay, Meralto, Shane, KelMil, BenMil, and a few others. We were doing a...competition of sorts, to see who could last the longest, with each lap one of us choosing to do a trick or something that we had to do for the length of that lap. At one point someone decided that we needed to do 50 laps at a run. And I...wasn't the fastest runner so people began to lap me up....but then everyone got bored and really it was only me, my brother....and another guy who were still attempting it at the end....we ended up giving up in favor of grabbing food, and I was writing with a pen, that started buzzing, so I pressed a button on it telling Siri to be quiet...only Siri wasn't listening to me....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment