Friday, January 16, 2015

Messy To Clean

So, the other day, like a week or so ago,
I showed one of my ghost roommates my bedroom.
Why?
Because she was complaining that her room was 'messy.'
I happened to see it as her door was randomly open (which it isn't ever open.)
And saw that, really in reality, it wasn't messy.
It just looked lived in.
"No, that's not messy at all, if you want to see messy, come see my room."
And I showed her my room.
It wasn't quite 'hoarder' messy.
But it was messy.
A big vacuum box (with the vacuum still inside) sat at the end of the bed,
Creating a narrow, very narrow space between it and the bookshelf across from my bed.
Clothes laid strewn all over the place both clean and dirty.
The remains of Christmas still in the corner. Boxes and wrapping paper and the like.
Plus, a big messy unmade bed.

Not quite the natural disaster it could be, but very messy.
A scene that terrorized my roommate.
"How can you live like this?!"

Apparently because I'm more easy going than most people in this crazy college town.

And apparently, the image stuck in her mind.
That my room would always look like that.

I saw it, and didn't see anything near as disastrous.
Everything was an easy fix.
Put the clothes away, make the bed, take out the trash, and walla! Clean room.
Nothing at all like when I first moved in to the place.
When I had boxes and boxes and boxes of my stuff and I had no idea how to unpack it all or where to put everything.
That was like....level 11 panic.
My room state? Like a 2 at most, I would rate it a 1 on 'its messy but how messy' scale.
My roommate probably would have placed it higher up at a 7 or 8 I'm guessing.
*shrugs*
Like I said, I'm easy going. And a rather good judge on how messy it actually was.
Compared to my bedroom in my last apartment,
My current place has gotten nowhere near as messy.

In any case.
Back on track, the image must have stuck in her mind that my room would always be that messy.
Because when she happened to come home for lunch and I was still there, I showed her my nice and clean room.
It was like she couldn't believe what she was seeing.
What was this place? All clean? All neat?
"Wow Sarnic, I'm really impressed."
The way she said it, it was like I had just conquered Mount Everest and she hadn't believed that I could, but I'd just proved it to her. *shakes head*

Like I sad....I had it handled, I knew I could clean it, how much time It would take to do so....
After all, I'm an old hand at the cleaning checks.
I knew how long everything would take. *shrugs*

But yah,
At least I've erased the 'bad memory' of my 'messy room' from her mind...and replaced it with a nice clean version.
Hopefully.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment