Sunday, January 25, 2015

Slacking Off

I feel like such a slacker.
Not because I've been delayed in posting on this blog, stuff like that happens.
No.
I feel like a slacker when I end up not fulfilling my duties at work.
When I end up leaving early.
But sometimes...I really can't help it.

So, there I was...suffering from a headache that had lasted throughout the night.
A headache that was bad enough that it wasn't making my tummy very happy either. :(
Meds weren't helping.
But I figured....If I got to work, and worked for a bit...
then...Then I would get better.

I mean it's happened so many times before.
It's such an active job that most of the time the headache fades away once my muscles untense and relax from being used.

Not this time.
No, I totally wasn't feeling it.
I was getting too hot.
Too cold.
Too hot.
Everything ached.
I couldn't stand smells or sounds.
It was not good.
When you can't stand the smell of toast in the morning...its not good, let alone all the 'nice' smells that animals make....

Finally....I decided I should call it quits.
Luckily for me, I actually had a coworker in with me in the morning.
So I felt slightly less guilty about asking to go home early.
I say slightly because it was her first time really opening the department. :S And I left her. Y_Y oops.

But when I could barely stand up,
When my coworker said that my cheeks were flushed, and I felt like I had a fever.
The best thing I could do is...

Go home and rest.
Again, still didn't help me feel like any less of a slacker.
I mean, by the time I actually left work I was feeling better.
But it was the better that would come and go in waves.
I would be fine one moment, then not fine the next.

So, to bed I went.
And I slept and slept and slept putting the stress of work away from me so that I could get myself better.
At least I know myself well enough to know that this 'sickness' wouldn't last forever.
And I was right.
The next day.
I was fine.
Not perfectly well but then again I've been dealing with a stuffy nose for the past month....but way better than I had been the day before. I mean...I got my energy back. :) And that's a good thing to have when at work. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment