Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Day In Review -January 27th

Friday, January 27th 2006

-I went and saw my Uncle Shane play with the UPBB (I think that's the acronym) in Temple Square this day.
(I was playing catch up on Jan 31st saying one thing that had happened the week before. Interesting to note on the 30th I got my driver's permit. Yay for legally being able to learn how to drive. :D)

Sunday, January 27th 2008

- It was a sad day today, as this evening Gordon B. Hinckley President/Prophet of the LDS church passed away. He was 97 years old. It was in a way, earth shattering to hear this news as President Hinckley had been leading the church for nearly my entire life before this point. Since I was like 2 it seems like. I didn't think the Church would be the same without him at the head with his sense of humor, his welcome advice and leadership. But I was happy that he's finally able to be reunited with his wife in heaven. And I hoped that our next prophet (Thomas S. Monson) would be just as great as Gordan B. Hinckley was. (I wasn't disappointed. :) He's awesome.)

I was also playing catch up in this entry for the last four months I hadn't written, mentioning that I had gotten Bs for the first time in High School and it was my senior year (I'd gotten As before that point). I also went to Jr. Prom with a guyfriend Tay which was fun. My English class had gone to Cedar City to see the Shakespearian Festival and watch the play the Tempest, I loved the character Ariel in the play. My cousins from Texas also came up for a visit and I convinced them to get into a huge water fight which was awesome! :)

Tuesday, January 27th 2009

-I managed to walk all the way to school and arrived only to realize I'd forgotten my backpack. O.o How I managed to do that I have no idea. I'd been distracted and thought I had it on. -how I couldn't not feel it's weight and wonder at why it was so light... I have no idea.- I had Institute, and ASL fingerspelling before running to take the bus back home so I could grab my backpack for the rest of the school day -Philosophy? Bleh.- I dropped by a Career Fair that was happening there, and thought that the Border Patrol could be an interesting job. Later in the evening I went to a Women's Basketball game, we won, and I also go a free pink t-shirt for Breast Cancer Awareness.
Once again...I ended up with a headache this day and ended up heading to bed soon after getting home.
(Doing these entries makes me realize how often I really do get headaches. O.o)

Wednesday, January 27th 2010

-Today could have started out as a bad day because I left for school a little late, but still made it to class on time. My Into to Communication's teacher was still sick, but she tried to have class anyway by having an internship person come speak to us, but that only lasted like 10 minutes before we were able to leave. I ended up sitting outside my Sociology classroom working on my Psychology reading, and my teacher happened to be waiting there too so me and my friend Kristin ended up getting our papers we'd turned in the other day back before the rest of class so we were able to leave earlier as we didn't have to wait at the end to get them back. My business class was boring as usual, and I spent my 2 hour break finishing my psychology homework and eating lunch. I sat near an older gentleman that soon drove me crazy as he would make 'ear shuddering noises' with his nose and mouth that quickly got on my nerves (I'm sensitive to noise) I had my Psych class, which always goes quickly and I brought up the fact that I wondered if handedness is environmental or genetic because my Mom is left-handed, (I'm a lefty), but my Dad would often hold me in his left arm as he did stuff (he's a righty) which meant that my right arm was constantly pinned against his side. And I wondered if that could have influenced me or not. Still haven't figured it out. lol. I had my "hardest class ever" ASL 4410 today, which went normally enough, we spoke instead of signing today which was a blessing because I still had trouble with the teacher's signing and understanding everything being said. My last class in the evening ASL 3310 went well, the subject actually caught my attention and interest this time around, because it actually applied to me. We were going over how interpreters should present themselves, how they should dress etc.

Thursday, January 27th 2011

-My roommate Tasha gave me a ride into school today because my sister had forgotten to write a paper for school and would need the car later to get to class on time. I met up with Dan at the Thursday Lunch Bunch at the Institute, I had an Anatomy quiz this day, I knew I got #6 right because in the directions the teacher had told us what the answer was. :) In the evening I went with Dan rock climbing at the Quarry. I had a blast! I climbed 5 times. Dan did as well though he didn't make it to the top the last time. :) We had Arctic Circle afterwards and for fun went to Barnes and Noble. Briefly I held his hand. (which I suppose meant we were in the dating stage now.) Later that evening Tasha's boyfriend (though I don't think they were ever official) Dave came over and they hung out 'way too late' in my opinion. And I was annoyed...just because I had completed so little of my homework that needed to be done over the course of the day.

Friday, January 27th 2012

-I started off this entry with a random factoid. That January 27th would be my ideal day to get married. Why? Because I love the cold and having the wedding anniversary later in the month would mean its further from Christmas. "Needless to say, I didn't get married today, but we'll see what the future brings." ;) lol.
I had a filling between teeth 13 and 14 (anatomy comes in handy some times) come loose the night before, so this day I was extremely paranoid about it falling completely out, it seems like my whole mouth was hurting and aching so I was becoming paranoid that all my fillings were failing and the nerves exposed to the air. My 11am class was canceled this day because my teacher's wife was having a baby. (awww) I didn't get to sleep in though (typical) as I was woken up early by Brother Sackett wanting to make sure that Friday Luncheon tickets were given to the right people. My roommate Tiff ended up giving me a ride down to the school so that I could pick up the tickets from Brother Sackett -who wasn't feeling well. :( poor him. My Committee meeting afterwards I had all 'new people' -who hadn't helped out before- show up so it ended up being a bit chaotic trying to get everything all done. Which didn't happen, I had to run to my Deaf and the Law class to get there on time before going back afterwards to finish what had been missed by my committee. Tiff's parents came over later on in the evening and I chatted with them a bit, and I did end up scheduling an appointment to get my filling fixed for 3pm the next day.

Sunday, January 27th 2013

- I went to church today, but I didn't hear much of what was said as I had been totally captivated with a "Pet Store" story idea and spent the whole time writing it down. (I had like 4 days off in a row from work and spent it all writing this story idea, it was so weird to go back to work as my story petstore was totally different from the actual place I work at, but I felt like I should be running into my characters at any moment.) I went with Kikay to the Floofies for dinner before briefly leaving to go to an engagement party of two of my fellow council members (He was proposing to her that night, and we were to celebrate with them when they got back to his apt.) Afterwards I went back to the Floofies to play Apples to Apples, loving that it was snowing the whole time. ^^ Love the snow.

Monday, January 27th 2014

-"I didn't have work today, so I was able to sleep in and spend the day relaxing. I took a shower, did scripture/conference reading and worked on writing, albeit very slowly, still I made progress. ^^ Especially considering that I'm writing on Word. It's a huge step for me."

Tuesday, January 27th 2015

-I felt much better today, not totally well as I've been suffering from a stuffy/runny nose for the past month, but considering that I had to leave work after only 2 hours yesterday due to not doing well...it was a major improvement. I actually had my energy back even if I still had the dumb stuffy nose as well. XP bleh. Still, I was able to be productive at work doing all the tasks that needed to be done, plus a few extras, like helping my manager Sirch clean up and organize one of our backrooms. After work I dropped by Hobby Lobby to get 24 small glass bottles, and a package of fuzzy sparkily cotton ball things. Why? It's a visiting teaching idea as I'm now a Visiting Teaching Coordinator in my ward. But first I had to go to my Institute Class. :) First I grabbed dinner of Taco Bell and got a couple extra tacos with the intention to give them away to people. Which I managed to do. ^^ (sometimes when I do this I don't find someone so I end up eating it later on.) I dropped by Barnes and Noble after class (which is my habit) and ran into an old acquaintance Colby -he was in a group of friends my sister had her first year of college.- Finally once I got home I was able to implement the beginnings of my visiting teaching idea. I took one yellow cotton ball and placed it in the bottles, before going up to the apartment above me to give them some "Bottled Sunshine." (hopefully will do a post on this soon.) as I wanted to encourage them to "Scatter Sunshine." among our stairwell and to not think of doing visiting teaching, but instead on making friends. We'll see how it goes. But I definitely feel like I made friends in this apartment. ^^ It was good to have peppy fun people to talk to. (as my roommates are dour and ghostly)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in a big meadow/foresty sort of place, and there was this other girl with me, we were hiding out, but then she heard a noise, a noise she had to investigate -it kinda was like a deer- and she went bounding down the hill we were on, over a fence and into the woods....where she was shot and killed by a creepy looking guy in a red plaid lumberjack shirt. He had accomplished his goal in killing her, and ended up dragging her past me. I hunkered down in the tall yellow grass hoping that he wouldn't see me, as I could feel the evil coming off him, he didn't look to me, but I almost felt like he knew I was there, that he would be coming for me next...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D 

No comments:

Post a Comment