Sunday, January 11, 2015

Assumptions

You know....there is one annoying thing about being in CollegeTown.
Especially when you're dropped into a new situation.

What is it?
That everyone assumes that YOU KNOW what to do.
Or that YOU KNOW where something is when you refer to it by a nickname.

They don't think that you might not know.
They assume you do.

>.<
Which for someone like me....who's not always in the mood to admit that they have no idea what's going on....finds tedious.

I got a bit of that today.
When for the first time I went to the new meeting I'm required to go to on Sundays due to my calling.
(I hate meetings. I've mentioned it before.)

And as per the usual...
The group I met with automatically assumed I knew what I was doing.
Which really, I had no idea.
It hasn't been fully explained to me yet.
Which again, is annoying.
I like my duties being defined.
In any case.

I found it irritating.....but not much I could do about it besides ask questions and remind them that I'm a total newbie to the calling.

Guess we'll see how it goes in the future. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment