Sunday, January 18, 2015

Deer Crossing

So there I was,
Coming home late from a friend's place.
Driving in my car.
In the dark.
Late at night.

And I couldn't help but think of the last time I'd been in such a situation.
When I'd been coming home from the same friend's place.
Only a few streets away from being home,
When a deer suddenly darted across the road in front of me.
I had enough warning to slow down and watch it disappear into the yard,
No fear of getting hit at all.
But it was a surprise, you don't often expect a deer around the city....

And so I was thinking on that.
Wondering, since it was nearly the same time of night...
If I would see another deer before I reached home.

Or if it had been a one time thing.

It wasn't a one time thing.

In nearly the same spot a few yards further than the last time.

A deer was in the road, slowly crossing it.
It nearly looked like the same deer too!!

()_() I couldn't believe it.
I'd thought it would be cool to see a deer again,
To have it actually happen....was beyond my wildest expectations.

Very. Very cool. ^^

I may just have found a deer of habit.
lol. I wonder how often he crosses that road....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment