Sunday, May 3, 2015

3 A.M. Texting

Can I just say I'm grateful for a roommate who works a graveyard shift?
Because it means that she's up when I'm not feeling well.
Which I wasn't last night.

A culmination of a week worth of stressors came to a head last night.
Which resulted in the usual agony of a headache that feels like your head is splitting apart, while your body is tensing up to the point of a spring about to explode.
It doesn't help that I was still fighting the sinus thingy that's been bugging me for the week.
Nor a few other factors that basically meant...
That last night wiped me out.
Due to meds I was already taking, I couldn't take ones I figured could help me out with the headache of doom.

And so I did whatever else I could think of.
Drank water.
Heat packs.
Tried resting in different positions.
Tried some yoga/stretching.
Moved to different rooms.
Tried to do self massages.

All with the result of....the headache still being there.
>.< The annoying sort of headache where my brain just latches onto one line or phrase and likes to repeat it to itself unendingly. I suppose that's my way of coping with the pain. The Brain's fetal position is repeating lyrics to itself as it pounds against my skull. *sighs*

But in a spark of remembrance.
I knew my roommate had some generic Cola soda thing.
Which I assumed had caffeine in it.

And I latched onto that hope.
Maybe drinking a bit of the cola would help.
The caffeine would help with the headache, the cola probably had some ingredients in it elsewhere to help me feel better otherwise as well....I mean, if you're sick drink a pepsi...basically is what I remember.
In any case.
My roommate wasn't home at this 3 am spark of inspiration hit.
But. She was at work.
She was awake.
So I sent her a text, asking if I could drink some of her cola.

And at such a happy coincidence of blessing magnitude.
My roommate happened to be taking her break at that exact moment I texted.
So she was able to respond to me quickly.
In the affirmative. That I could drink some. Yay!

So I got a small cup of cola.
Drank about half of it.

And thankfully managed to fall asleep, and have my headache fade away. It still lurked to the point where I was very cautious in moving around once I woke up again, but the cola did the trick on helping me to feel better!
Plus...it may have helped with that stupid sinus infection that's been plaguing me all week, for its presence has faded dramatically over the course of the day as well.
YAY!!
I'm so sick of having a swollen cheek that gets irritated over little nothings.

Hopefully this week will see me healthy and happy once again. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment