Thursday, May 7, 2015

Love of the Father

While visiting the British Museum in London one day, I read a most unusual book.
It is not scripture.
It is an English translation of an ancient Egyptian manuscript.
From it, I quote a dialogue between the Father and the Son.
Referring to His Father, Jehovah--the premortal Lord--says:

"He took the clay from the hand of the angel, and made Adam according to Our image and likeness, and He left him lying for forty days and forty nights without putting breath into him.
And He heaved sighs over him daily, saying, 'If I put breath into this [man], he must suffer many pains.'
And I said unto My Father, 'Put breath into him; I will be an advocate for him.'
And My Father said unto Me, 'If I put breath into him, My beloved Son, Thou wilt be obliged to go down into the world, and to suffer many pains for him before Thou shalt have redeemed him, and made him to come back to his primal state.'
And I said unto My Father, 'Put breath into him; I will be his advocate, and I will go down into the world, and will fulfil Thy command.'"

Although this text is not scripture, it reaffirms scriptures that teach of the deep and compassionate love of the Father for the Son, and of the Son for us--attesting that Jesus volunteered willingly to be our Savior and Redeemer.

-Russell M. Nelson -The Creation -April 2000 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Work was closed and I was just leaving the store -which kinda looked like the entrance to a supermarket, when some people I knew came up wanting to do their laundry at the facilities in the store. -Which I thought we didn't have...but they convinced me to let them back into the store even though it was closed. Somehow, more people ended up entering than I wanted them too, and because there were people there, shoppers thought we were still open. I had one guy trying to pay for a package of...cookies? But I showed him the empty register drawer area and told him that we were closed. He was angry about that and tried to leave with the food, but I called out thief and my coworkers who were there closed ranks to block the door so that he couldn't leave. He gave back the cookies before disappearing. And I went back to trying to figure out how to get everybody to leave before we all got into trouble for being where we weren't supposed to be....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment