Saturday, May 9, 2015

CrunchWrap Denial

It was my day off of work.
Which meant that I wasn't working the mornings like I do most of the time.

And since I was awakened before 11.
I decided to go out and grab myself a Sausage Crunchwrap from Taco Bell.
It's a rare treat for me, due to the morning shifts.
And so I really wanted one.

But first.
I needed to get gas, as my car desperately needed it.
No big deal.
Swing by the station.
Get the gas.
Then go to the Mall and the Food Court there and grab my crunchwrap.

Easy peasy. Arrived with 15 minutes to spare before the dreaded 11am deadline when breakfast ends.

I got to the register. Ordered a crunchwrap.
Only to be told....

That their Fryer was broken. ()_()
What?
Yep. Fryer was broken, so they couldn't make the crunch wraps. Couldn't cook the hashbrown.

Shoot.
I wanted a crunchwrap!

So I quickly went back to my car, to go to the next closest Taco Bell.
Back towards where the gas station was.
-As I'd originally planned to eat my crunchwrap at the mall and then wander around.

But the time was clicking down.
Closer.
and closer to 11.

I wasn't going to make it!
So I pulled out my phone at a red light.
And called Taco Bell.

"Hey, I know you guys stop serving breakfast in a few minutes but I'm on my way and I want a Sausage Crunchwrap."
"Alright, we'll have it waiting for you."

-I'd remembered someone telling me at some point that I could call ahead for an order especially if I wasn't going to make it to the food place before a certain time.
Totally handy!

And amazingly enough.
I arrived just at 11.
Tada!

I walked in and said "Hey, I called a few minutes ago for a Sausage Crunchwrap."

"We're out of Sausage."
*blink blink*
What?
"But I called here, and you guys said it would be ready."
"We totally spaced we were out, we're sorry. Can we get you a different one?"
"No..." Distraught. Heartbreak. "I wanted the sausage one."

I left.
Crunchwrapless.
Totally devastated.
And starving.
As it was now after 11.
I couldn't go to any other taco bells in the area.

Y_Y I'd been denied Twice!
TWICE!
It was even more devastating since I don't get the mornings very often...I would have to wait like a whole week before I could try again!
Devastation!!

So, I went and drowned out my sorrows browsing at a bookstore.
I mean. Thought for Food right? ;) lol

Okay, I know that doesn't count at all, but it helped me to calm myself with all the books about.

I did end up grabbing food, doubling back at the mall to get some pretzel bites.
Tasty.
Just not the heavenly deliciousness I'd been craving all morning. *sighs*

Next time Crunchwrap.
Next time you will be mine.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment