Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Slept Too Long

I got my roommate mad at me last night.
Not "mad" mad. In that she was angry with me.
But just the general mad of "AHHH!"

I suppose she wasn't mad at me at all, because hey....I did wake her up....
Just not when she wanted.
It's hard to tell when she wants to be woken up though, I mean, she works Graves. But sometimes doesn't go to bed straight after coming home from work, and I don't want to go in and wake her up when she's only had like...two hours of sleep or something.

I suppose in hindsight, I should have woken her up earlier.
You see.
We had this plan, that pretty soon after I got off work, we would go pick up her car from the mechanics where it had been for the past couple of days getting this and that and the other fixed.

But when I got home....I crashed for like half an hour. Woke up long enough to text her to see if the mechanic had called...and they hadn't. So I said "Let me know when they do I'll just be here sleeping."
Two hours later...
I woke up.
I figured the mechanic shop was closed.
I guessed that they hadn't fixed the car in time.

So I let it slide.
It seemed like my roomie was sleeping, and since she hadn't said anything. I figured, Let her sleep.

And I did...until 11pm
When I finally woke her up.
Yah...she'd been sleeping like all day.
-The hazards of having curtains that don't let in the light I suppose.....it stays the same shade of dark in that room for most of the day.

I knew she would have to go to work soon. So I figured I'd wake her up in case she hadn't set an alarm.

And that's why she wasn't happy.
Turns out...we did still have to go pick up her car.
Of course, this plan hadn't been communicated to me.
So I didn't know.

It's one of those things where...it wasn't bad that she slept so long, she'd been going without a lot of sleep the past few days because she had family in town and they don't follow the Graveyard shift schedule.
So it was a Good Good thing for her to sleep like 12 hours....
But it wasn't the BestGood thing she could have been doing...

In any case. We made a midnight run to the mechanic who'd been kind enough to leave the car waiting for her. And she left straight to work from there.
to make it more exciting about driving in the dark....it was raining too.
Oh the joy of trying to see lines in the road when the rain makes everything reflective lol.
Still we all made it to our destinations safely. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment