Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Housing Problem

I don't like it when things don't go to plan.

It stresses me out.

Often, it means that a headache will be my companion later on.

Because I just get so tense.

When I walk into a situation expecting one thing....
and ended up walking into something entirely different.

Entirely different, thrown for a loop, I don't do well with these.

So you can imagine my silent displeasure.
When things today didn't go to plan.

Me and a couple of friends were meeting up today.
To do what all young adults do around this time of year.

Find new housing.

When we'd been talking earlier, we'd had decided on houses. Like actual houses to rent.
Which is where I'd been focusing my searches in the area.
On those.

I also went into it, thinking that there would be more of us living in the house. Another friend joining along.

But when I met up with the others,
To go to an appointment to check out a place my friends had found.

Where was this place?
It wasn't a house.
It was a condo.
With one less bedroom.
Meaning that one less friend could join along.

See why I was thrown for a loop?

Everything I'd thought we were going for....
We weren't.

Plan.
Gone.

What was this?
When had it changed?!!

Obviously...I was less than enthused about this place.
Because it went against everything I'd been told to look for down here, to seek out for.

So automatically I disliked the place.
I tried to like it.
But since I was still trying to grapple with the original plan in mind.
I didn't like it as much as I could have had I come into it knowing already what was in store.

*sighs*

And it was crazy, because the others all were gung ho about moving in.
O.o
I felt somewhat bad being the wet blanket on the whole parade.
As I was less than enthused. Less than willing to say yes to the first apartment we looked at together.

As far as I know it was the first apartment they'd seen in person down here.
The first apartment...
Why not check out what else was there?
They were concerned that someone else would snatch this one up.
But I'm not going for the first apartment just on that.

No.
I want to search further.
Now that I have a clearer picture of what is wanted.
I can search in a different manner.
I'm not going to say yes to the first place.
Especially when the place is more expensive than my current place. And my current place is furnished while the other one is unfurnished and smaller.
No.
No.
There should be something better out there.

Guess we'll see how this turns out.
Wish us luck!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment