Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Day In Review -May 20th

Saturday, May 20th 2006

- Kikay and I went to do baptisms for the dead. It was a special day because we got to baptize some of our own family members. My aunt Lin had found 11 girl names and 16 boy names that needed to be baptized and confirmed. It felt really good that I could help my own family. It was a very peaceful experience. It was also the last day of me doing my Headache Dairy, where I would call a survey group every day and tell them whether or not I got a headache that day, for how long, if I took meds for it, etc. Because I did this, I'm going to get $50 in the mail! ^^

Wednesday, May 20th 2009

-Did the carpool thing again this morning. (I think I was carpooling my brother to his work?) Then helped daddoo pack up the trailblazer to go to the Cache Valley Redezvous. We went shopping for food and I got my pringles, then I went out and picked up carpool, dropped Meralto off at the High School for a robotics meeting then me and my awesome Daddoo drove to Cache Valley. We stopped at Burger King for dinner then made our way to the site. We were setting up camp when Daddoo realized he'd forgotten to bring the big center pole for our tent. It was no big deal he just drove down the canyon found a long enough piece of wood and came back while I set up what I could of camp. Now I'm going to bed earlier than usual because I have a killer headache.

Thursday, May 20th 2010

- Did laundry today -after I woke up around 930ish and hung out on the computer for a bit. Also made cookies today and everybody says they're really good. ^^ Took Meralto to pick up his guitar and later went with Kikay to Michaels so she could buy more sequins for her dragon statue she's making (wire body, cloth skin covered in hundreds and hundreds of sequins.) Before going to Michael's I made spaghetti for dinner and the family actually sat down at the table to eat it before everyone separated to do their own thing. It was a good day. :D

Friday, May 20th 2011

- Woke up this morning and packed to go up North to go see the Renissance Fair with my High School friends. Katie and Diane ended up bailing so it was just Terr, Jess, and Tay who went. It was a lot like a rendezvous but more medieval. I had a good time and even found Wiatt (why-it) a mountain man there. (knew him from rendezvous) Kikay went up to the fair as well, separately with Maribah and went to her friend Nat's and our Neighbor Collin's wedding reception. I ended up with a headache there and spent the rest of the evening resting.

 Sunday, May 20th 2012

-I woke up this morning from a dream that we had missed the eclipse. :S Luckily it was only a dream. We checked out of our hotel and went to Kanarraville to check out the "Sweet spot" of the 'best spot' to see the Eclipse. I got a bracelelt there. But we decided to go find our sweet spot elsewhere and drove all over the place up to Paraowan for a lunch at a park to multiple church buildlings in search of a good view point. We decided on a hill up in the forest away from the city. We went back around to Kanarraville to see if anything more was happening before returning to our sweet spot north of Cedar City. We hung out and then the solar eclipse started. Oh man that was super cool. Watching the moon cover the sun like that. And it was still bright! You can't see the eclipse without the special glasses and the sun didn't look much different though the area did get noticeably darker like the sun was setting early. It was awesome! Especially the ring of molten fire when the moon got into the center of the sun. It looked so beautiful! We drove homeward afterwards the parents dropping Kikay and I back off in College Town. :)

Monday, May 20th 2013

-Today was a bit of an adventure. Before my Institute class I dropped by the DI to find a green/blue/red cord thing so we'd be able to watch our movies in color (as the TV didn't have a 'yellow' port, so I couldn't plug my VCR in to see Color. :( )And great news. I found a cord! And it was only $1! Bad news...the other side doesn't go into my portable DVD player. :( I wonder if it will go into my VCR...I'll have to have Kikay check that. (ah, I took the DVD player, couldn't get movies to play, Kikay still had the VCR) Institute went well. :) We talked about Pharoh's dream/joseph's story. I dropped by the mall to see if they had any wall hangings I liked. Didn't buy anything. Went and saw Star Trek into Darkness with Cous Brandon. It was cool! I really liked it though I think I liked Iron Man 3 a bit more. Did some grocery shopping before coming home and writing some more. :)

Tuesday, May 20th 2014

-Today was my day off so I was able to sleep in and day dream for a bit before getting ready for the day. Dad sent all us kids a text today that Grandpa Dirchi isn't doing well. :( I plan to drop by and visit him either Friday or Saturday when I head up that way. :S I hope that if this is the final few weeks of Grandpa's life that all his kids will get to see him before he passes. :S Today I went and got my car safety and inspections/emissions done for my car and there were no things needing to be fixed! yay! :D I dropped by Barnes and Noble, Hobby Lobby, and Kikay's apartment to hang out and write. Kikay, Ash and I went to Arby's for lunch and back to Hobby Lobby so Kikay could buy some boxes for her room. When Mirleki came home she and I watched a couple of episodes of Arrow together. :) I went to Institute afterwards and came home to write a bit more of "A Twist in Dark Beauty."

Wednesday, May 20th 2015

-I had work this morning, with my coworker that has been causing tension in my life. I'm literally tired of being around them, having them walk in the door automatically sets me on edge. I need a vacation obviously, get away from work and people for a bit. Still, work went alright...until we opened. I managed to get the bedding changes done, but for some reason my coworker was moving slower than normal (blaming talking to customers as a cause) which put us seriously behind our schedule to get things done. By the time my coworker left, fish tanks hadn't even been touched, and if things had been going well....they would have been done. I ended up in the middle of a customer rush so I didn't get to feed the fish until like 2pm. (shoulda been fed about 11) and I ended up scrubbing tanks after feeding the fish instead of before so that I could ensure that the fish were actually fed before I left. :S *sighs* At least I got all the tasks done today, but it did help that I volunteered to stay an hour later than usual because there was no one scheduled in my department for that time period. :S Also, was told randomly by my manager that the cashier thought she saw my coworker eating some of the hamster food. O.o Totally crazy! I really hope they weren't eating it. I do recall that they had a packet of fruit snacks with them as they were doing their tasks....so I hope they were eating that when the cashier saw them. :S After work I came home and crashed for a couple of hours before going to Institute with my Roommate. ^^ We came back and watched Despicable Me. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment