Friday, May 8, 2015

A Day In Review -May 8th

Monday, May 8th 2006

-We celebrated my sister's birthday today by going out to IHOP to eat and went shopping at Barnes and Noble. Kikay's now going to be a Miamaid with me for a couple of months before I move onto the Laurels.

Tuesday, May 8th 2007

-Kikay's going to get her driver's permit soon. :S Uhoh watch out world!

Thursday, May 8th 2008

-For Kikay's Birthday, I gave her tow "friendship" bracelets and two charms. One that syas "Big Sister, the other that says "Little Sister" so now we have Sister Bracelets. Kikay continues to work on driving, she's very cautious as a driver, overthinking things....but she must be doing something right because she ended up passing her driving test on the first go.

Friday, May 8th 2009

-It probably didn't start out as a good birthday for Kikay today as she had to go take an AP test.. I hung out at home for most of the day doing the regular internet things and talking to AT. I went shopping briefly for food and presents and wrapped up Kikay's presents, before we went to Dinner at Sizler and then went to see the Lipizzaner Stallions (horses that turn white as they get older) and watched them 'dance" it would have been cooler if the horses had done more than like 5 moves and gone on their hind legs more, but it was still fun. I got a horse charm necklace afterwards. :)

Saturday, May 8th 2010

-So weird that my sister is no considered to be an adult. O.o I spent the day relaxing before going outside and saw the kittens. I tried to see them again later today, but they weren't in sight and the mother, Dove, wasn't there. I hope she didn't move them. Kikay was 'kidnapped' by a friend and taken to breakfast this morning. She came back and hung out until Daddoo got home, then we opened her presents. Kikay had a piano recital that evening that we went to before we had dinner at WokLin. Soon after coming home, Daddoo took me on an Adventure to go check out junkyards that were either closed or didn't exist anymore before we went and bought Mom Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Mother's day. I spent the rest of the day reading while Kikay went to a party with friends.

Sunday, May 8th 2011

-Happy Mother's Day! As well as Happy Birthday to my Sister! We all gave them their presents before we went to church and got Tomato plants for Mother's Day. We also got chocolate covered strawberries in Relief Society. We dropped by Grandma Dirchi's home to give her a flower, then went to Teppanyaki for dinner before coming home to relax.

Tuesday, May 8th 2012

-So weird to think that over half of us kids are now past the teenage years. Weird. Very weird. We spent the morning rather lazily watching TV and movies. Most of it was a show called Fact or Faked because there was a marathon on. For lunch we and our roommate Tiffany went to Arctic Circle and For Dinner the parents came down bringing Kikay a cake and a sword. Meralto had to work, bu the got Kikay some earphones. We went to Mimi's Café and the Neffie Family joined us. It seemed like everyone hit it off really well. We came back to the apt for cake and ice cream. It was the Neff's parent's first time being in our apartment. We also gave Kikay more presents but everyone had to leave soon afterwards which was sad. :(

Wednesday, May 8th 2013

-Kikay hit another milestone today. So I decided to do something a bit more special for her birthday. So at 7:45 am this morning I found myself at Walmart buying chocolate reeses, Pineapple Soda and some flowers. I'd wanted to get 21 roses, but they only came in packs of 10 so I got her 20 roses and one bouqet of lilies. I then drove up to her apartment and placed everything in the back seat of her car. I then placed the Cricket from Mulan in the front seat of her car --I bought it earlier, before we went and saw Iron Man 3- with a Note I drew, and then set out to wait. Kikay came out about 20 minutes later. Got in her car and pulled out--I had a flash of disappointment--but it faded as she pulled back into her spot. Lol she'd been in such a hurry she hadn't seen anything as she got in her car, and only the smell of peanut butter (she smelt the peanut butter but not the flowers?!) caught her attention enough to look around and see everything I'd placed in her car lol. She grabbed everything and went inside. I ran to her car and placed Perry the Platypus in her car before going back to my car. Kikay remained clueless of this when I went up to her apartment. lol. I gave her a blue jay statue while there. She didn't suspect the final present at all until she found him in her car. Lol it was awesome!! I drove to the Institute to kill some time before my noon class. I had to leave early though to get to work at 1:30. Not much really happened after that. It was a slow day due to the rain. So I felt like I was twiddling my thumbs...when not dealing with customer returns and questions. I stayed a bit later to help close as my coworker Josie couldn't come in for her shift. At 8 I left and went to Kikay's for cake and ice cream before heading home for the night.

Thursday, May 8th 2014

-Today was a good day :) Work went well, I managed to open the department before Sirch got there and worked on putting stickers (price tags) up for our fish. Some prices of the fish went up while others went down. O.o Crazy how they disguise this by putting the fish "on sale" with the non sale price being higher, but the sale price still being lower than the first price, while the lower prices were marked with "New Lower Price!" signs. Our DM Reego also randomly came into the store today. That was rather annoying, but overall it was good. Afterwards I went to Kikay's to give her a snail (a water snail to eat algae in her tank) for her Birthday! Me, her and Meralto went to Olive Garden for Dinner (I think the parents were on a cruise...) before we came back to her place to watch Warm Bodies. I slept through most of it as we waited for other people to show up. A couple of guys from back home, and Kikay's roommates and the Neffies ended up at a Laser Tag place where we played Laser Tag. The first game we ended up joining with another group. There was one girl on the other team that got on mine and everyone else's nerves because if she found you she would hound you to the point where you were literally clawing at her to get away and running too as she'd just shoot you until you managed to lose her or you died. >.< Totally an bad/annoying way to play the game. I wanted to strangle her. But I managed to get 4th place! Yay! The second game was just our group in a free for all. I ended up winning that round. ^^ We returned to Kikay's for presents and cake and ice cream and played a game of Betrayal before going our separate ways. I also got her more presents which a hid in her car. :) lol she loved them. Also. My friend Tay came home from her mission! Yay! :D

Friday, May 8th 2015

-I had work again this morning, I was able to open up most of the department by myself before my second opener came in, just in time to work on the fish shipment. I was rather anxious for today's shipment, waiting to see what Betta fish came in. Because my mom had expressed in an interest in getting a Betta for Mother's Day. And I was desperately hoping that we would get some unique ones in that would be just what my Mom had requested. ^^ Thankfully we got in many unique ones. Almost too many to choose from, or narrow down. But narrow it down I did, with the help of my sister Kikay, who dropped by to look at the Bettas with me while I was on my lunch. As well as some help from Mother Dearest, who said which ones she liked the best. While I saw Kikay I also gave her her presents. A couple of necklace charms as well as a new side table for her to put plants on. :) Work itself was fine once the drama of trying to find the right combination of items to give my Mom along with the fish. lol. I wonder if this is the start of another Fishtank Cycle in our family. For when one gets a fish tank...usually a bigger fish tank follows. ^^ I'd love to help stock a fish tank full of fish at my parents place....doubt it will happen, but its a fun thought. :) We were also attacked today at work, by a mob of children. Like 40 kids and their guardians swarmed into the school creating a buzzing rucous as they talked chattered giggled oogled and awed at all the animals. -They were on a walking field trip and dropped by- So many little kids. It brought back memories of being in school. The noise was what did it. I also ended up getting swarmed myself, when I brought out a rat for them to pet and they basically all swarmed me. O.O Yikes. Thankfully the rat handled all the little hands very well. Yay. :) They usually don't bite anyways but I'm glad he didn't panic. lol. After work, I came home and took a nap before being woken up by a knock on the door where the Bishopric's wives had a poster they'd made for Kikay in hand. Since she'd moved out of the ward a bit ago, they knew I would get it to her. ^^ It was sweet of them to do so. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment