Friday, May 15, 2015

When to Sleep

There are points where your body craves sleep.
To rest.
To rejuvenate.

But sometimes, that sleep....can come at a cost.

I've been under the weather for the past week.
I'm going to say that it's stressed induced, from an unresolved problem that as of yet....doesn't look like it's going to be resolved any time soon. >.<
(It could also be the wet/hot/wet/hot weather we've been having too...but I'm guessing stress.)
In any case. I got sick a few days ago.
That annoying runny/superclear/stuffy nose thing.

Which in part, made it difficult to sleep at night.
I tossed and I turned and stress didn't help that tossing and turning at all.

And I could feel yesterday,
that my body was crashing.
I needed to sleep.

Really. I needed sleep.
A nice nap.

That nap turned into a 5 hour nap.
With a brief interruption in the middle for me to wake up my roommate and to let the maintenance guy in.
It was basically uninterrupted otherwise.

I didn't wake up feeling the best.
Over sleeping can induce a headache. Of course I had a slight one before I went to bed due to lack of sleep...so I couldn't win in either case.
At least it went away eventually.

In any case.
The side effect of sleeping so long...
Is that when it came time for me to actually go to bed for work in the morning....
I couldn't sleep.
I honestly laid there with my eyes closed, trying to find a position to sleep in...for a couple of hours before I gave up and got up to watch the final episode of season 3 of the Arrow.
That's what happens when you mess with your sleep schedule... The mind is awake, the stomach thinks its hungry when it shouldn't be, no place is comfortable to sleep....

But I did eventually manage to drift off.
For 2 hours.
Before my alarm to wake up for work went off.
*sighs*
Yah. 2 hours of sleep.

It's not as bad as it sounds, considering that I had a 5 hour nap earlier....
I managed to stay awake through work, actually be wakeful as well if not totally 100% due to the slight cold I have.
At least that's getting better too. :D Yay!

Doesn't mean I didn't come home and crash for 3 hours after work....
But hopefully, the foray into messing up my sleep schedule, hasn't messed it up permanently. We'll see when I try to go to bed tonight. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment