Friday, May 22, 2015

The Red Rocks Bucket List

I caught the fever again.

The Red Rock Fever.
The Arches National Park Fever.

The MUST GO SEE EVERY ARCH IN THE WORLD! Sort of craving of a fever.

And since I will be going to red rock country oh so soon (not soon enough.)

I figured I'd once again go searching to see if I could figure out the locations of some Arches that aren't on the public trails.
I knew they were out there. I'd seen websites before that mentioned them.

But the internet is so frustrating in not showing me what I want!
Seriously.
There should be maps, and pictures, and step by step instructions and history on all the arches I have not seen yet!

*sighs*

But somehow.
SOMEHOW

Two Miracles happened!

The first?
I stumbled upon a site that shows the location of Arches within Arches National Park! Not just the regular ones that every Arches Map shows. No this one showed other arches! Some I'd never heard of before.
SWEET!
My Arch Hunting itch could be satisfied!
Oh. So. Happy!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?t=h&ll=38.693122,-109.539313&ie=UTF8&msa=0&spn=0.003551,0.006866&z=17&hl=en&mid=z6nX-u7912sw.kUBqD94kSLcM

Yes. Yes. Yes!

The only draw back...is that I couldn't see what the arches looked like! How can I search if I don't know what it looks like?

So back to the internet I went.
Trying to find pictures of the arches.
Oh so unsatisfying.

But then I came across this gem of a site.

http://www.utaharches.com/ANP.php

That gives me pictures of not only Arches in Arches National Park, but all across the state!
Oooooo
QUEST.
A BUCKET LIST

I just need to figure out how to use Latitude/Longitude and a Map that uses those.
And I'm totally golden!

Moab here I come.
^^
Arches Arches. I'm going to find me some arches!! :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment