Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Just Wanted A Nap

You gotta love those days.
When you have just one plan in mind.
And it doesn't happen.
One plan.
A simple plan.

Take A Nap.

And...it doesn't happen. lol *shakes head*

You see, yesterday I was working on only three hours of sleep.
Not good for a long work day.
But it's how it goes when you're writing a climatic scene and have to go to bed (like an hour later than you should have.) Only to toss and turn for two more hours because your characters were definitely not ready to rest for the night.
They were only satisfied into silence by me taking some medicine to relax my tense muscles, a heat pack to make me sleepy, and a playlist of soothing music specially made by me (ages ago) for the nights when my brain won't quiet.
Ah. Finally. Sleep.
But...only three hours of it.
Then it was off to work.

However, things were looking bright for me.
Because I was lucky and I was scheduled to be off earlier than normal.
which meant. Yes. I could take a nap!

>.<
Unfortunately for me, right as I was supposed to get off...We got hit with that lunch time rush of people. Which meant it was like 20 minutes later when I was finally able to break away.
Only to be waylaid by my manager, asking if I could stay for another half an hour to cover the floor while the managers had a quicky meeting.
A meeting that didn't finish, because we got another busy rush that had all hands on deck.
Instead of having me stay til they did finish the meeting (who knew when that would be.) They let me go the half hour later like they said.
Only, once again I was waylaid, this time by a customer. One I couldn't pass off to another, or I didn't comfortably feel I could pass off to another coworker, because the customer was deaf, and I knew sign language, while everyone else in the store....doesn't. So to give the customer the best customer service, I chose to finish up with them as they worked to make their choices of what they were going to buy.
End of story. I didn't end up leaving the store until an hour and a half after I was originally supposed to leave.

Nap time!
Not.
I came home only long enough to change out of my work clothes before galavanting off to the rescue of my sister, who was ill enough still (from being sick over the weekend) that she didn't trust herself to drive. (Hate those sicknesses where they leave you horizontal and you can't be vertical. Not fun.) But she had major errands to run, so I chauffeured her about. ^^ Yay for sister bonding time!
I returned her safely from the errands, just in time for the parents to have arrived, for Kikay had moved recently, and they were bringing her some furniture. So. I helped move that in as well, and as our reward for such hard work, we all went to dinner. ^^ Yay Food! :D

Finally. I returned home.
Naptime!

A very short naptime. I really could have used like 3 hours of sleep. lol.
Instead...I took a 15 minute nap before off I went again,
To go see Avengers again with a friend who hadn't been able to see it before.

Which meant...It was nearing 10 pm before I finally got home.
Bedtime at last!

So there you have it.
My one goal of the day.
To take a nice long nap to regain my lost sleep....
Didn't happen,
But I sure did get a lot accomplished and had many an adventure in the meantime. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment