Friday, May 29, 2015

A Day In Review -May 29th

Monday, May 29th 2006

-It was Memorial Day today. It's such a sad time of year because it always seems to be raining and everyone is a little gloomier. Luckily it cleared up enough today for Daddoo, Meralto and I to pack up our shop/tent from the Cache Valley Rendezvous and drive back home safely. :)

Friday, May 29th 2009

-I spent the day being lazy. Watched Lion King 1 & 2 today. I picked up mom from the bus stop. Dozed for a couple of ours. Called my cousin Katie to talk with her because I randomly saw on her status that she wanted to have someone call her and so I complied. I chased my dog Pepper around the yard for a bit and went to Shane's house and chatted with him for a couple of hours about random subjects. Like him going on a mission in a month and wanting to have a water fight for my birthday. Dove, the black runt kitten followed me to Shane's house and kept circling around Shane and I as we talked. By the time I came home she'd disappeared... so I couldn't pet her. :(

Saturday, May 29th 2010

-I woke up this morning feeling rested and relaxed. :) It was a good feeling to wake up to. Cousin Sonja came to the house today to get a photo and turn it into a cross stich pattern as well as to go out to lunch with my Mom (they're similar ages.) so that they could catch up. Meralto spent the morning and afternoon at work, Daddoo went to the dump and when everybody came home Kikay, Mother Dearest and I had some bonding time and went searching for a small laptop for Kikay to get as a graduation gift. We ended up not getting anything, and instead came home and switched out the batteries with my old laptop and Kikay's laptop since they're the same computer to see if that battery would hold a charge because her old one doesn't. Meralto went to a movie with a friend and Kikay went to hang out with her friends for a birthday party up in Snowbird. I stayed home and wrote a little as I watched the Princess and the Frog again. Earlier before the sunset I went outside with Flare (my cat) She did real good out there while she was hiding on my lap underneath a blanket. Not so much when I took it off her. lol.

Sunday, May 29th 2011

I woke up around 3:15 this morning (Up at the Cache Valley Rendezvous) to the sound of something crashing to the ground. I had Daddoo check it out. It turns out the awning covering the cooking area of our camp had half fallen down because the strain became too much for the tarp and the eyelit tore loose. Why? There was about 5 inches of snow on the ground and on the tarps/tents. The big tent, when daddoo got to it to check the nails and ropes...were a couple more inches of snow away from pulling free. :S Two of the ropes had already snapped and a lot of the nails were barely hanging into the ground. Dan (my boyfriend, who'd come up as a surprise yesterday evening) didn't help at all during this adventure. I think he wasn't sure what to do. I got up after a bit to help hold a light so Daddoo could see. I think I had a premonition that something like this would happen, not dressing in my pjs last night but stayed in my jeans. Most of the campsites at the rendezvous were still fine, even with all the snow. Only a few had collapsed. Daddoo and I ended up hanging in a tent next to Teaspoon's for a bit to warm up near their fire since our shoes and coats were wet from walking around in the snow helping out the others. It was rather kind of them to offer us their space. We went back to bed around 5 am and dozed for a couple more hours. Dan ended up leaving sometime between 6:30 and 7:30. The city slacker. I know he doesn't like the snow, but he could have stayed and helped. Dadoo had decided, after checking out the weather forecast on his phone, that we would pack up camp. It was supposed to snow again and with our shoes wet and no customers likely to come in the storm, we followed the lead of many of the other camps and packed up our stuff. The process took a couple of hours and many trips back and forth to the car to get stuff there. Daddoo didnt' trust the muddy and puddle filled dirt roads to get into the campsite itself since his truck almost got stuck. So we packed, said goodbye to our friend Sodapop before driving away into the rain. We had to drive down the canyon into Logan valley before we could head to Brigham City because we couldn't make left turns from the Rendezvous entrance.  We paused there to get gas and drinks before driving in constant rain home. We got back in time for Daddoo to change and leave with Kikay and Meralto to go to church. I still needed to take a shower and didn't have any church clothes to wear. So I stayed home and fed the outdoor cats. Took a nap to relieve my tiredness and when the family got back from church we ordered Pizza and relaxed.
(Dan and I broke up a couple of days later.)

Tuesday, May 29th 2012

-I took our Trailblazer to Murdock today to get our car prepared for our trip to Oregon in a week. It only took an hour and surprisingly I didn't have to pay anything because of coupons we had. :D I also went to the dentist to get my teeth fixed again. the Dentist told me in a teasing manner to not floss and only eat veggies and fruit so my fillings would stay in. lol. ;) Kikay and I drove back to College town afterwards making a slight detour as we saw a car on the side of the road with a boy hanging out of the car, but by the time we doubled back he was gone. I hope he ended up alright. I ended up going on a date with Dev after Kikay went to work. We went to Arctic Circle for Ice cream and ended up getting hamburgers instead. We ended up at Barnes and Noble going through the books until closing before he took me home. It was nice, he was nice, it wasn't as tense on this date so that was good compared to other people I've been on dates with.

Wednesday, May 29th 2013

-It was kinda nice to sleep in today. I say kinda as it was only like 7:30. But it gave me time to read my quota of conference talks and blog before my 9am class at the Institute. Since I was working an evening shift tonight, I decided to make up my class by going to an earlier institute class. I went to work and for the first time I had an assignment to clean the fish tanks, which I did first. Luckily I did as about 2pm, I noticed one of the dumbo rats wasn't looking good. Skinny, breathing hard, walking hunched over. So I grabbed Reth and she confirmed he needed to be isolated. So I went to pick him up...and got bitten for my efforts. My poor left pointer finger! It still kinda hurts (hurt for like 2 weeks I swear.) Reth was surprised that the rat bit me, Rats never bite so he must have been feeling twelve kinds of awful to bite me. :( The wound totally bled like crazy, but it's doing better now. Though it got me out of any more tank scrubbing so I did other tasks instead. Cinres also told me today that he finally got approval to get me full time! Apparently he had to fight for it a bit and do lots of convincing to get me to full time. (I doubt they've regretted it ever. lol) I don't know the details, but I get the sense that they (corporate) doesn't like hiring employees full time. (have to pay insurance/benefits etc) Apparently Cinres neglected to do a background check on me when I got my promotion to Lead/Full Time in my department. So tomorrow we're going to do a back ground check. (I passed. ;) ) The rest of the day went well with me finishing in our Sick Room, treating all the animals. Hopefully I fed the bearded dragons in the back right. :S Dropped by Walmart to get food and ended up helping a guy there find the popcorn as I knew where it was even though I wasn't an employee. lol (I was wearing my work shirt, whenever I do that people just automatically assume I work there.) Came home, and a woman saw me carrying all my bags and asked if I had walked all the way home from Walmart...ha. No. I hadn't. Yay for cars! Hung out for the rest of the evening, reading Brandon Sanderson's Emperor's Soul. Fantastic. Loved it!

 Thursday, May 29th 2014

-I didn't have work today, so I spent most of the day watching random crime shows on TV while slowly working on plots for books. I ventured outside around 1:30 to meet up with Kikay at Deseret Book to spend our gift cards that we got from Grandma Dirchi. ^^ (graduation Giftcards. if I remember correctly.) About 9pm I went to the combined ward bonfire at a nearby park. I ended up meeting a new guy named Mike and spent the next couple of hours talking to him with brief interruptions from guy sin my ward coming up to say hi. O.o I dunno why they all decided to say hi to me that night...but it was interesting. (Never saw Mike again. :( sadness...but so typical in single combined ward activities.)

Friday, May 29th 2015

If I don't write more than this, it's because I've gone down to Moab for a much deserved Vacation from work to go hiking with my two favorite guys. My dad and my brother. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Editor's Note: Will not be posting for the weekend, as I'm on vacation! :) Yay Red rocks! Yay Hiking! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment