Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Blessed Sister

I love my sister.
Seriously she's the best.

Yesterday was...well a badish day for me.
Due to a Migraine catching me off guard with a huge spike in the middle of a customer rush at work....
I was physically drained.
Basically in tears really.
So. Very. Glad. to just get in my car and drive my fastest to come home.
Where I basically walked in the door and straight to the shower to beat the migraine out of my head with the pounding water. 

Which, Kikay knows that my migraines are bad when I don't make the effort to say Hi to her when I get home. 
She knows they're doubly bad if I take a shower basically as soon as I get home. 

Now earlier, while my headache had not yet spiked, I'd texted her asking if we had any eggs.
Because I was figuring that I might be low on Iron or some other protein and that was why I was getting the said headache. So if I could get some meat....but like I hadn't thought much further on it when she said that we were almost out of eggs. I didn't necessarily need eggs. I could always stop by my favorite Wendy's once I got off work and grab a hamburger. It would do basically the same thing right?

Only, my headache quadrupled in the pain scale by the time I was finally free to leave. 
So I scratched my plan to detour to get a hamburger, opting instead to come right home where I wouldn't have to socialize with people. 

But I still needed food.
As I needed to get something with substance to fill my grumbling stomach.
But as low energy as I was....
I didn't know what I could make that would be 'quick' enough that I would be able to withstand the headache long enough to make it. 

I figured possibly some toast with butter and jam would suffice. Two or three minutes tops. Easy.
So as I trudged up the stairs, wrapped in a blanket, heatpacks in hand to warm up, 
My sister greeted me.

With an Egg Sandwich. Freshly made. 

She'd noticed me come straight home and to the shower.
Remembered that I'd asked her about eggs earlier in the day.
And decided to make me an egg sandwich to help me out.

And ah. 
It tasted amazing. 
Lol Kikay was surprised at how quickly I wolfed that sandwich down. 
So good
And definitely something I needed at that moment. 

So grateful for my amazing sister.
Who continued to help me as much as she could into today, giving me a massage when my tense muscles once more triggered a headache.

Seriously. I'm blessed. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment