Thursday, March 22, 2018

Where's My Glove?

So with the weather getting warmer, I no longer feel the need to wear my heavy coat.
Mostly because even though it's still pretty chilly in the mornings it's now getting a lot warmer later in the day, too warm to comfortably wear a heavy coat to hide my work uniform. 

So I switched to a lighter jacket, that continues to hide most of my uniform. 
Only...there's one slight problem to this jacket.
It's pockets aren't as deep.
And so when I put gloves in my pockets -cus it is still cold in the morning.
....They sometimes like to fall out.
At the most inconvenient times and I have to go hunt down the one glove that suddenly decided to jump ship.

This happened last night.
I'd worn my jacket with my gloves in the pockets, to the movie theater. 
-I finally went to see Black Panther.

And me?
I can't sit still.
Seriously, I'm constantly shifting my positions during movies.
And at some point during the movie when I shifted one too many times...
One of my gloves decided to fall out of my pocket. 

I didn't notice.

Not until after I got to my car, and I was standing by it, with my hands in my pockets, chatting with a friend before we went our separate ways.
And I realized that my left hand, wasn't feeling the presence of my glove. 
Which I could feel the glove in my right pocket.

*exhales*
Which meant that the other glove fell out.
But I had no way of knowing if it fell out before I left home, or if it was in my car, or in the theater or some other place. 

I couldn't immediately check though, because my friend and I were still chatting and I didn't want to just you know...say "Hey let's go look for my glove that may or may not have been left behind in the theater." 

lol. So like an hour later when we ended up splitting ways....
I got in my car.
My friend got in theirs.
I pretended to be sending a quick text on my phone, while covertly watching my friend get into their car, and when they turned on their car, I turned on mine....watched them pull away...go out of sight....and turned off my car and booked it back inside the theater. 

I approached the two guys waiting to take people's tickets and gave them my most friendly smile and was like "Hey do you guys have a lost and found?" 
Because it had been an Hour since I'd left the theater.
They were like "Yah, what are you looking for?" 
I held up my poor single glove. "The match to this glove. I think I might have dropped it in the theater but I'm not sure."
And they were like "Oh" and searched their little box thingy and didn't find it. And they were like "When did the movie get out?"
I told them the time.
They checked their little chart thingy and said "Well our guys have cleaned the theater already and didn't find it...
And I was like ":( Oh..."
"But you're welcome to go look and double check"
I lit up. "REALLY?! Thank you! I'll be quick!" 
And I darted over to theater one, and grabbed out my phone to turn on the flashlight and headed up to where I'd been sitting.
I peered down in the gap where my glove could have slipped. 
And yep there on the floor it laid. 

HAHA!!! I FOUND IT!!!!
WOOT!!

So I grabbed it, put it on, headed back to the exit and showed the guys on my way out. "I FOUND IT!" just to prove that I did find it. And they were like "oh cool. have a great night."

lol. you too guys you too.

But yay for me being able to find my glove as I am pretty sure one day I won't.
But for now. My luck is in!
My gloves remain a pair and remain with me. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment