Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The True Feelings

I had a small existential crisis today at work.

Why?
Because the Manager asked me "How are you?" 

But like it wasn't the typical "Hey, how are you?" where you are expecting to receive the typical "Good" or "Fine" response. 

No the manager was giving me the look, like the look into your soul kinda look of a "Really, How Are You?" 

As in they really wanted to know the true answer to their question and not just the expected one. 

Which I was like. O.o Huh?
Because...How am I? How am I?!?!? 

lol like I could tell that the manager was wanting a more honest answer...but it's like....I never get asked How I'm doing in such an honest way. 

So I was like.  "With....work?" Because honestly, if I'm at work I expect questions from managers to revolve around work things.
So my first thought of "How Are You?" was that they meant "How are you doing with opening, how is work going? Are you on top of things? Can I assign you another task or do you need to finish what you're doing still?" 

But no.
The manager was like "No. You. How are You doing. How are things going in your life?" 

Which....like....O.o 
I mean....I'm not always the most open about how I'm actually feeling. 
I tend to keep my emotions and such to myself. 

Though I have been trying to be better at being more...honest with how I am. 
Like letting people know when I'm suffering from a migraine and such. 

But still. It's hard to be completely truthful.
I mean at work there's kinda the expectation that you're 'happy and cheerful' because customers want to see happy cheerful and not deal with angry dour. lol. 
But also I kinda take on the role of happy cheerful in the store (when I migraine isn't draining my energy reserves) Because like....someone has to be the positive force in the workplace lol. No need for everyone to be in a bad mood.

In any case.
The "How are you Really" question....it's not the easiest to answer.
But I went for basically truthful. "I've had a headache the past four days, mostly from stress." 
Which lead into a discussion on how work is being stressful (because the managers freak out everytime we have our DM visit and I'm tired of the constant state of panic since the DM comes EVERY SINGLE MONTH. We need to stop the freak out) and how home life is semi stressful with roomies being stressed out and....yah.....

Which basically was kinda interesting to talk like...non work or animal related things with my manager.
Kinda weird.
But in a good way.

And honestly, talking a little bit helped me with some of the tension I was feeling today. So that I was actually able to relax and gain a little bit of energy back from just...letting out some of my thoughts and feelings that I usually keep quiet about. 

^^;;


Oh. And as an update on yesterday's post: Cop came to talk to the customer...customer refused to budge on their stance that they bought the products and were trying to return them....
But according to head manager, the customer kept changing their story? Like they bought the products in the next valley over...no, someone purchased them up there, and customer lives up there too...but like they wanted to return the products to the store that they were purchased from and so made the hour drive down to us....? 
The cop was actually surprised that the customer didn't just fess up to the products more than likely being stolen and leave when he showed up. 
Because usually the threat of calling the cops chases most scammers away.
Not this customer. 
So the end result was that the customer ended up leaving the store with the products that they had 'purchased' (about $100 worth) even though they claimed they'd bought them six months ago and one of those products -a specific type of flexileash -we only started selling 4 months ago and records indicate we haven't sold one yet.... 

*shakes head* 
But yah, that was the end result of that exchange. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment