Monday, March 12, 2018

That's a Big Fish

So occasionally at work, we have customers come in asking if we know of anyone wanting fish or a fish tank. 

-We get calls and such all the time with people asking us if we take in pets. 

But more rarely are people looking for individuals who can take in their pets. Like asking if I know if my coworkers or anyone is willing to take the creatures the customer no longer wants.

Over the weekend that happened.
One of our regular customers...apparently is getting out of her fish tank hobby.
As she came up to me asking if I knew anyone interested in a 75 gallon tank. As she was looking to get rid of it and the fish within. 

Me....already having a 125 gallon tank....
And knowing my roomies would be....well....less than estatic to have another large tank in the home...
*shrugs*
I told her no. That I didn't know anyone. Because I don't. 

lol but apparently later she cornered my manager and convinced him to take her 75 gallon. 
Even though he already has a couple of large tanks at home, and has set up tanks in the homes of some of his family members as now. 

But he agreed to take it.

And today he told me that he'd taken it and basically reset it up. 

But anyways.
The tank happened to be filled with goldfish.

Which me? 
I was like. ()_() Goldfish!?!!
lol cus I love having goldfish in my 125. They're a nice bit of color and I love watching them swim around.
So the thought crossed my mind....maybe I could take some of them off my managers hands. 

However I didn't voice it.....because my tank is recovering from a bout of ick....so I need to wait another week or so to ensure that my tank has settled and that my fish already in the tank are doing fine before I consider adding more fish. 

My manager was like: "Yah, I considered asking you if you wanted some.....but then I actually saw the size of them and thought...yah nevermind." 

Why?
Because the goldfish aren't the little ones we sell in the store, which would be the size I would be willing to take.

No, these fish were HUGE.
Full grown.
Like. Fry them up and serve them for dinner huge. (12-16inches long) 

Which. Heh....^^;; My tank and its set up is definitely NOT conducive to holding giant fish like that. 
I have a ton of decorations. Narrow spots.... I'm sure those giant goldfish would destroy the tank in like...two seconds by knocking over decorations if I even tried to put them in. ^^;; 
Which. Yikes. NO. I like my tank thank you very much! 

Sooo my manager is keeping the fish in the 75. For now.....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment