Friday, March 9, 2018

Well....Foo

*exhales* 
Well...I can't really say that I didn't see this coming.

I mean, I saw the potential for it coming, but I was really hoping that it wouldn't come. 

But...my 125 gallon tank full of fish....has fallen ill. 
*exhales*

Like I said. I can't say that I'm surprised.

I mean, I redecorate the fish tank. Pulling out all the ornaments, putting in both new and old ones...stirring up the water like crazy....

Then I proceeded to add like 30 fish in like maybe 4 days....Which is quite a lot of fish to add at once even if they were mostly Neons, Danios and Rasboras. All little guys. 

But then I was like....Uhoh, one of my older fish has a wound!! How did it get there?! 
And proceeded to treat with Melafix....

Before realizing that doing a full dosage was bad for my clown loaches and like all the fish were beginning to act weird under it's effects.

So I did like a 50% waterchange to you know...lessen the Melafix in the tank....
Only to see that like...a lot of fish were suffering from Ick. 
Gah.
Which meant I needed to a) increase the temperature in my tank and b) grab more chemicals and well....

I think the fish are looking better....
But I ended up losing my Orange tetra that had the injury...as well as a couple of the newer fish. 
>.>
Hopefully quick treatment of the ick will keep it from spreading and that the rest of my fish will behave and not die.....


But only time will tell.
Needless to say though....I can't buy more fish until my tank settles down again. 
>.> Foo. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment