Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A Specific Project

It's the customers that come in with random needs that make working at a Pet Store fun.

Like in my first year I had a customer come into the store looking for...I think it was charcoal to burn to try and get rid of an evil spirit in his house that was haunting him.

Then there was the customer who bought goldfish to put in his tub for his cat to play with.

Or you know the customer who wanted to buy a guinea pig to act as a companion animal to their dog who had recently had his doggie buddy pass away. (I convinced them not do that.) 

The groups that come in for fear factor challenges as well like buying a bunch of crickets for people to feel in a dark box....

And multiple customers who come into the store looking for ground up walnut shells to use in making pin cushions.

You know.
It's just those 'out of the box' sort of concepts that you usually don't think about a Pet Store being able to provide. 

Today I had another customer with a sort of 'out of the box' thing. 

Where I had a customer come into the store looking for nightcrawlers. Aka. Worms. 

Now people usually get them for fishing purposes, or feeding specific reptiles, or you know...that fear factor concept.

This customer?
They wanted the worms for a sensory table for preschoolers. 

Which. O.o 
I get the sensory table thing.
But using worms and dirt for such a concept?
O.o 

Weird. It's random. So weirdly random. 

*shakes head*

I just ended up with the mental image of these 3-5 year olds putting the worms in there mouths and trying to eat them.

Like...I really don't see this project ending weird. 
If it's not the worms they're trying to eat, it would be the dirt. 

But yah....I hope that sensory table with the worms and dirt works better than I'm imagining it to work. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment