Thursday, March 1, 2018

Helping Customers

I was first made aware of the father/daughter duo when my coworker over the radio told me that they were sending a customer my way so that the customer could exchange out a fish.
So I head over to the fish wall and I see a young girl, probably around 10 years old, coming to me, carefully carrying a fish bowl full of water.
And inside that bowl?
Was a large pleco. 

The girl was wanting to exchange out the pleco because she'd bought him and realized....that it wasn't the fish that she actually had wanted, and so wanted to exchange it out. 

The problem though...was that she didn't have the receipt on her---because whoever was on the phone with her told her she didn't need to bring it, that we could look it up.
*exhales* 
I mean technically yes we can do that.
but like the involves me having to track down one of our Ipads from the stronghold of the Groomers in order to access the app that will allow me to input the customer's phone number so I can look up their receipts that way.

Seriously...it's just faster if people bring us the paper receipt. 
*shakes head*
In any case.
After tracking down the Ipad and imputing the number....
I got no result.
Which happens on occasion...sometimes the Ipad won't bring up the receipts.
Which meant I then had to go wander over to our registers to try and look up the receipt there. 
(While if they'd been on paper I could have been done marking the thing and catching new fish ten minutes earlier) 
And surprise surprise
The receipt did show up there.
But it also showed that the customers had bought the fish from Our Sister Store. 
....which is why it didn't show up on our Ipad because the Ipad makes us input our store number. And each store has a different store number. So like ours could be number 239 and our Sister store's number could be like 398 or something. 
So if you don't know another store's number...you can't look up receipts from that store.
But lucky for the customer, the registers can look up receipts from multiple locations. Yay. 

So I was able to find their receipt and reprint it out so I could mark it so that they customer, when they went back to the register, could show it to the cashier so that they could do the proper exchange of fish and such. 

*exhales* 
Seriously would have been much quicker if the customer had bought the receipt in the first place.

In any case.
Despite the slight annoyance of tracking down that receipt.
It was actually quite fun to talk with the father/daughter duo.
She was working on setting up like her first aquarium, which lucky kid, she had a 75 gallon tank. ^^;; 
I love it when people get the larger tanks. 
It makes it much more easier to help them out with their fish related questions because oftentimes with larger tanks the rules of fish can blur a bit more. 

So I spent a good idk twenty or thirty minutes helping the duo figure out what fish they wanted, telling them info on types of fish, indicating which ones would play well together in the larger tank and which fish would still be jerks to each other. 

And it was just...fun really.
To share my knowledge, to see the excitement in both the father and daughter's faces.
The fact that they were listening to my advice and being soo...complimentary also helped too. lol. 
Like I just really liked helping them out and they seemed to really appreciate the fact that I was doing my best to teach them how to take care of their tank and giving them tips and helping them decide on fish and such. 
Because like...I'm fish obsessed. XD lol. 
They were really grateful for all the information and such. To the point where they were like "Your sister store is right by where we live, but we totally are coming here from now on because they just gave us fish there, here you've taught us so much!" 

And that just made me really happy. ^^;; Because despite what I say...I do like sharing information. Teaching. Sharing my knowledge. 
So the fact that this duo really appreciated the help and the information.
Was rather heartwarming lol. 

Hopefully they continue to have good experiences when they come back to my store. ^^;; 
In the meantime. Hopefully their new fish do well and are happy in their brand new tank. ^^ 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment