Saturday, March 3, 2018

Okay, Who Messed with the Timeline?

I feel like I just experience a moment where someone altered the timeline and I was the only one who remembered the old one. 
*exhales* 

So.
For the entire week, I was thinking that today I would get off work at 4pm. 
I remember this in particular because I noted that it was a weird shift for me.
8am-4pm. 
It's a weird time. As usually it would be more like an 8am-430pm or a 730am-4pm sort of deal to get an 8 hour shift (plus a half hour lunch) 
So the fact that when I looked at my schedule on my phone and saw the time was  8-4. It stuck out to me.
Because it was weird. 

I even remember checking last night to double check what time my shift started -because it's uncommon to start at 8am. Usually my shifts start at the #:30 mark. 

And I swear. The time still said that my shift ended at 4pm.

I got into work this morning and double checked the schedule.
Because I like to know when people come into work and when to plan to take breaks and to see who is covering me.

And I swear.
The schedule in the clock in room said that I would be off at 4.
I remember because I had no one scheduled to come into the department until 5.
Which would leave my manager alone in the department to cover it for an hour.
And I thought that was silly scheduling. 

So yah.
I swear.
I was off at 4pm today.

But at 4pm I was like "Hey guys, I'm off can someone come cover me?"
And my manager was like "No you're off at 4:30" 
And I was like "No my schedule said 4!"
And another manager was like "Nope it says here that it's 4:30"
To which I was like "Ha ha nice joke, but I'm off at 4"

Only....
When I pulled up my phone to see it.

o.o
the time showed me getting off at 4:30. 

*blinks* 
Huh? That wasn't right!! I swear it was 4pm!!!

So I went to check the hard copy of the schedule in the clock in room.
And that copy said 4:30 as well!!!

WHAT?!?!?!!?

I swear.
It was a 4pm shift.
i was supposed to be off at 4!!

But suddenly I was off at 4:30

And I'm left so confused.

Like did I see 4:30 but read it as 4:00 instead?
But like...I was off at 4.....

>.>
*exhales*

So apparently someone messed with the timeline and altered things so I was suddenly off half an hour later than I was originally supposed to be off.

Which to be honest.
Sucked.
Why?
Because it was crazy busy at 4pm and all I wanted to do was go home.
Because I was suffering from an onset nuclear headache that had just spiked from "bad" to "Nuclear" to the point where I was practically in tears from the pain stabbing in my skull.

And I was desperate to get away from the people to go lie down to just be off work.

But here I was. 
Stuck.
For another half hour.

My manager was like "If it gets slow i can totally let you leave early though"
Because the managers know that I know my schedule (and often everyone else's schedule) better than everyone else.
(and maybe they were part of the conspiracy to change the time. It is possible.) 

HA.
But guess what
Everyone and their mom and the entire state seemed to want to come into my store between 4 and 4:30 
Everyone needing help 
Everyone wanting fish.
So me getting out early?
Ha.
Nope didn't happen.
But at least I did manage to break away on time so I clocked out at 4:31 to freedom
So i could go home and basically curl up in bed and die. 

So to whoever messed with the timeline and changed me from getting off at 4pm to 4:30pm....

I don't. Like. You.
Because that was pure torture to work through a Nuclear Spike with Needy Customers who kept requesting more and more fish for me to catch.

Pure.
Evil. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment