Saturday, March 10, 2018

Tick Tock Where'd Ya Go?

I don't know what I was thinking this morning when I went to work.
Alright. I knew what I was thinking.
I was distracted with feedback from readers over a recent chapter I posted. 
And was already plotting responses to said feedback...even though I wouldn't be able to respond until after I got home from work. 

So I was kinda on autopilot this morning, getting ready for work. 

Which meant that I didn't realize I'd forgotten a fundamental part of my wardrobe...
Until I got to work. 

What did I forget?

To put on my watch. 

I mean....I basically always have my watch on. I wear the thing nearly 24/7, only taking it off when I'm taking a shower. 

And I'm so used to wearing my watch and having it on my wrist.

That I totally didn't remember that I wasn't wearing it.
Hard as it can be.
I just kinda assumed it was still on my wrist.
Even though I'd taken it off yesterday for a shower...and never got around to putting it back on because I didn't go anywhere yesterday. (Yay for writing days!) 

But ah.
It was....it was weird to not have my watch on my wrist.

Totally a moment of discombobulation.
Where I was like. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?! What is time?! Does time even exist?! AHHHH!!!!" 

Lol.
But don't worry. 
I hadn't totally gone caveman with my lack of watch.
I did still have my phone, where I could pull it out and check the time if needed.

But it's just not the same, and way more obvious when done as compared to the little tiny clock that usually resides on my wrist. 
Where I can twist it just so, glance down for a half second, see the time, and move on. 

So much easier than pulling the phone out of my pocket. ;) lol. 

You can bet as soon as I came home that that was basically the first thing I did. 
Ah.
Such a sweet relief to have the little ticktock back around my wrist. 
Now I know what time it is. XD lol. 

*shudders*
Hopefully I won't forget said watch again at work. 
It was difficult being without it.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment