Sunday, March 11, 2018

A Process

Writing is such an interesting process for me.
Because I can pick and peck at a scene for hours on end. Struggling to figure out why I'm well...struggling to get the scene written.

And then like...I stand up. 
Wander away to like grab a drink or something to munch on or you know...stretch my legs.

And while I'm vertical and in motion.
I suddenly get a spark of inspiration.
A sudden revelation.

And the reason why the scene isn't working is suddenly revealed. 
Whether it was a character flaw.
An action that wasn't done right.
Or just the realization I need to take the scene a different way.

Suddenly the scene flows much easier when I return to it.
And with time away from the writing.....
Like it helps my mind work through problems. 
Helps me figure out motivations, possible plot points, and just....give myself room to breathe away from the story I've been immersing myself in. 

It's such an interesting process....
Writing a story.
Realizing that you need to speed up an action or slow down a scene, or have a character react more than they did the first time around.

Yes....it's always a learning curve with writing.
Chipping away at it until the vision becomes the product you desire. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment