Friday, March 16, 2018

Surprise Text

So I do this thing on occasion where I go to my nearby Wendy's and hang out there after ordering food to write and such. 
It's a good ambient place where I can just relax, sip my soda, eat my fries, and jot down the ideas that are going through my mind at the moment. 

I usually have a set table I sit at where I have a great view out the windows of the road and such, so when I need a moment to think I can look up, watch a couple of cars pass by, and then look back down and continue writing.

However when I went in yesterday, there were people sitting in the table next to the one I usually sit at.

If they hadn't been talking I wouldn't even have thought twice about sitting in my usual spot.
But they were talking and being chatty and I kinda like a bit of distance from the noise so I can tune them out (sometimes) and go into my own world. 

But this group of girls were very chatty.
And sitting next to them would have been a) awkward and b) very distracting because they were being a bit too loud for me to comfortably sit there. 

So I ended up picking a different table nearby. 
One by the window facing the drive thru.
So I could look up and glance at the cars waiting for their food at the pick up window. 

Well about an hour after I'd first sit down to write. (cus I can hang out for a long while in the same spot if I'm in a writing groove) I look up. Because a car pulled up into the 'waiting' zone of "Your food is taking too long, we're sorry can you pull up and we'll get it to you as soon as we can" spot. 

And I happened to look up at that moment and thought to myself "That car looks familiar." and as I looked at the driver, I realized that "This driver looks familiar." And when they looked up....I realized it was one of my friends!! 

What?!?! lol. It was so weird to see them waiting in the drive thru for food while I was sitting inside.

And since I had their number, and I could see they were surfing on their phone....I decided to text them. ^^ haha.

I went "Hi Friend! *waves from inside Wendy's*" 

It was great to see their reaction. How their head jerked up and they started peering through the windows. lol And then the smile of amusement when they saw me and our happy waves to each other back lol. 

It was fun to 'talk' to my friend while they were waiting for their food. Via texting lol. They were like "You just get off work?" And I was like "Yah like an hour ago. What about you?? Heading into work?" and they were like "Nah, heading to class." 

Lol. 
But yah it was fun. Fun to see a friendly face I hadn't expected to see today and to be able to give them a surprise. lol. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment