Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Did You Charge?

My phone almost died at work today.
Which was odd to realize I had like only 20% battery when I still had 2 hours left in my shift.
Like...I use my phone.
But unless I'm like playing Pokémon Go or something (which I wasn't) my phone never gets below like 60ish percent before my shift is over.

So the fact that I was nearly dead and the phone continued to decrease in percentage like every five minutes....

Had me so concerned.
I mean I had charged up my phone last night. 
So I should have had full battery.

And normally the only time I have a nearly dead phone at work is when I've somehow not managed to charge my phone during the night. (aka the charger somehow got unplugged) 

But I was sure it was fully charged this morning...
*exhales*

However, in the same powerstrip I had also been charging a portable battery pack. As I'd used it up dead.

And when I went to check it this morning...it had only charged like one dot and was working on the second blinking dot. (when its full there's four dots that light up)
Which was odd because like...at least six hours of charging should mean that it would be like...charged as I doubt the thing takes longer than a couple of hours to charge up....
However the thing is new so who knows for sure.

Except when I felt the plug part...it was very warm to the touch. Like it had been working super hard....for little effort.

So I took that plug out and put it in the wall to see if that would charge my portable battery pack faster while I was at work.

But considering that had troubles charging and my phone which was charging in the same charging strip was now saying it was nearly dead when it shouldn't be....

Leads me to believe that there was some sort of power struggle going on during the night and neither device was getting the full charge it needed. 

My thoughts proven when I got home from work to find the battery pack fully charged and the plug cool to the touch.
And plugging in my phone it also quickly recharged and has held the charge.

Soo...may have just been the circumstances of too many charging things on the power strip.

Still odd though.
I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

But apparently last night it was. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment