Sunday, February 3, 2019

Game Day

It was the superbowl today.

Normally I really only watch it for the commercials.
Though the past couple of years I've just looked online to find those commercials as I haven't had access to the local channels to watch the game and such.

I was pretty much planning to do the same thing today. 

But then yesterday my Daddoo asked if we would be able to get the game. 
As the family was gathering at my place for dinner tonight. 

Which caught me off guard really.
As the last time we'd gathered together and I brought it up...
Daddoo didn't seem that interested.

Which made sense.
As watching the football game had always seemed more like Mom's thing than Dad's.

I mean growing up I remembered them both watching the superbowl and football in general. 
We'd go over to aunts/uncles/grandparents houses and have a big party of food and then the adults would go watch the game.

But in recent years, it was more Mom who liked watching the game.
So she could cross stitch to it or play games on her ipad while listening to it. 

So I kinda figured it wouldn't be as big of a deal this year....because she's not around.
And it might be painful to have those memories in the back of the mind if we did watch it.

But here was Daddoo asking if we could get the game.

So I figured I'd try.

Though I knew we couldn't get local channels. 
Because I'd tried.
Bought multiple antennas and everything (and consequently returned them.) to try and get at least the local channels when I moved into the new place.

No dice. 
None of them worked.
So I gave up on that.

Getting home yesterday from work....
I tried again. 
Yep. No local channels. 

So the next obvious choice was to go to the internet. 
To see if I could find an app or something that I could then get on the TV -since it is a smarttv that I have. 

CBS was the channel the game would be on. 
So I went to them first to see if I could get the game.
I could!! ...If I signed up for their all access thingy.

Which since they were doing a free week sign up.
I signed up for it.

Tada! Access on my phone and computer to the game! 
Yay!

….but it wasn't just me watching.
It would be the family.
So I needed it on the TV.

But when I went searching through the apps....CBS wasn't on there. 
*exhales* Maybe my tv was old enough those apps weren't invented yet...I mean it is like 4 or 5 years old....

The only way I could get it on the TV was via the internet app and the slow process of getting online that way.
But I couldn't ever get the livestream to work.

*cue frustration*

Googling things I discovered I could find the CBS app via the Amazon FireStick.
Which I had coincidentally given Daddoo for Christmas this year since he was getting rid of cable.

But....that was up at my Dad's place.
Not here. 
And we would be down here for dinner.

So I asked him to bring it,
And mentioned on the side to my roommate what I was trying to do.
Which she then mentioned to her mom which her mom then said she could bring down an extra TV antenna she had to see if we could access the local channels that way.

In any case. 

When Daddoo arrived....he realized he'd forgotten to bring the stick. 
….which I had forseen that coming....and did....but when I thought to remind him...he'd already been on his way down. 
*exhales*

But when he realized he was like "Oh well, I don't really want to watch the game I just want to spend time with my kids."

*eye twitch*
While I'm glad for the sentiment.
I'd been stressing myself out the past 24 hours trying to ensure that we could watch the game.

So basically to be told it was stress all for nothing.*Exhales* was frustrating. 

Because I'm half positive the migraine I've been suffering under all day was from stressing over being able to watch the game.

However.
All was not lost.

As my roomie's mom brought the antenna down to us.
And after some fiddling and such.
And after taping said flat antenna to the ceiling.

We finally got Local Channels!! 
Which meant.
We could watch the game! :D 

Which we did. 
After dinner and such. 

Lol though the visiting family ended up leaving as the halftime show ended.
Mostly because they had early mornings they needed to head to bed for.

Leaving me and my roomies to watch and see how the game panned out.

Definitely not the most exciting of games for sure lol.
But hey.
We got some local channels out of it. :D 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment