Wednesday, February 6, 2019

One Big Thing of Pain

Admittedly, I wasn't feeling 'good' when I went to work today. 
But it wasn't a 'sick' not feeling good.
Just the usual pains and aches that occasionally need the intervention of Advil.

But as the morning progressed....the normal aches...shifted.
And settled in the area of my stomach. Where it felt like my muscles were...contracting? clenching? Squeezing? idk how to explain the sensation, but it wasn't a normal sort of sensation at all.

Still. I wrote it off.
Grabbed myself a sprite. 
Figuring I was just feeling unwell because I was tired or something. 

And overall...the pain stayed pretty consistent. 
Fading in and out of being 'bad' 

Not bad enough I thought about leaving early.
But bad enough that I treasured every second of my breaks and used them to rest and close my eyes because I was drained.

Honestly I thought it was just a reaction to not sleeping well the night before.
The rest of me felt like I just needed a nice long nap after work to get everything 'back in order' with my body clock and such.

Not so much.

By the end of my shift I was feeling unwell enough that I made sure that I would be getting off on time, by telling a manager that I wasn't feeling well and that I knew my coworker coming in next would be like 10 minutes late as usual so could I just go home.
They quickly acquiesced and I handed off the department responsibility to another so I could clock out and go home to crash.

Crashing didn't help.

And the symptoms got worse.
Worse enough to spend a little time in the bathroom.
Worse enough that I took not one but two very long baths.

Because like my entire body aches like crazy.
From head to toe it aches.
My muscles are all tense. Hurting. And pulsating.

Tylenol has helped a bit as I had my roommate grab some from the store on her way home (as I'd run out) because Advil hadn't helped earlier and I didn't want the Caffiene in Excedrin to make me more jittery.

But yah. 
Not feeling good.
Not feeling good at all.
Don't want to eat.
Don't want to move.
But my muscles are complaining enough that it's difficult to find a comfortable spot to just...rest. They're constantly moving. Trying to find a good position. 
and so far surrounded by the warmth of water has been the best at soothing it....if not completely.

All in all....Not feeling good. Not at all. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment