Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Eyes Have It

I thought I was being rather clever.

Which is why I wasn't at all surprised it didn't quite work out how I wanted.

Today while I was in the early stages of my workshift and already suffering from a headache.
I had a small epiphany. 
Where I was like "Oh hey, most of my headaches are focused behind my right eye. Maybe the contact within the eye is too strong."
Because when I last went to get my eyes checked, the eye doctor and I decided to bump up the prescription a step. 
--which was a bit of an ordeal to decide to do that because my eyes were being difficult in helping me decide whether to stay with my prescription or to go to the stronger one.
In the end I decided to take a step up with both eyes. 

And thought it was going great overall.
But with how many headaches are focused behind the right eye compared to the left....
Maybe I've been self harming myself the entire time in my quest to get my eyes to work together and not have one eye working harder than the other.

In any case.
I figured I could do a test and see.
After all, Kikay was heading up that direction this week.
So it wouldn't be that hard for her to drop by the eye doctor while she was in town.

So why not call and ask if I could have a trial contact lens to try out that was the step below my current prescription. Aka try my old prescription again. 

I figured a week or so of testing that would give me an idea on whether or not it was the contact or if it's yet some other issue causing the headaches to be much more frequent. 

So. During my lunch break I called up the Eye Doctor to request a trial lens.

The secretary said she would have to pull up my file and see if they had any sample of that prescription in stock and she'd get back to me a little later.

Cue a couple of hours later and she calls back.
Having conferred with the doctor.
And them noticing that it had been 8 months since my last visit.....

The doctor wanted me to come in to see him for an evaluation just to check in on my eyes.

*exhales*
I'd been hoping that wouldn't be the case.
I mean...having Kikay swing by and pick up the lens would have been much easier.
Even if I had to wait a week or so.

But still.
Probably a good idea in the long run.
So I went ahead and scheduled an appointment to come in to get my eyes checked out. 
Unfortunately it's two weeks away...sooo....yah. Gonna just have to monitor myself and such until then I guess. *shrugs* 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment