Monday, April 20, 2020

A Little Gratitude

So in an effort to help customers decrease their potential exposure to the virus. 
We've implemented a curb-side pick up program.

Where customers pull up in their cars, call the store to say that they're here, and then we bring their order out to them so that they don't have to get out of their car.

It has it's moments of frustration.
Like trying to find their order under their name as sometimes customers give differing names than what the order was placed under and we have to confirm that its them.
Some customers end up confusing us with our competitor and show up at our store by mistake.
Others come too quickly. Coming before their order has even shown up in our system which is stressful as we have to wait for it to show up and then quickly pick it because the customer is already outside waiting.

All in all.
It's just another part of the job.

Wait for the call.
Find the item.
Take it out to the customer and place it into their car. 
And then go back inside. 

Only this time...it was different.
I was bringing out three bags of food out for the customer.
And as I was shutting the trunk of the car.

The customer was like "I wish I could give more as a tip" and holds out some cash to me. 

But like...we don't get tips. It's not part of our job. And we're not supposed to accept tips. 
Which I told the customer. "Oh we don't accept tips." 

-I mean grooming does. But the main workers in the store? Nope. No tips for us. 

But the customer was like "But I give them." Or something like that. Like...regardless of if we accept tips or not, they still wanted to give us a tip for helping them out.

Which was rather thoughtful of the customer.
So...I ended up taking the tip since the customer insisted. 

It was rather sweet of them. And definitely a highlight to my day. Just to have another person show appreciation for the effort that we're making to try and help customers have an easier time during this pandemic. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment