Thursday, April 23, 2020

Liar Liar

You gotta love it when you catch a customer in their lies.
So today I had a customer come into the store while I was working on our bug shipment. He wanted 100 large crickets and then a 50ct Superworms.
I had just got in our shipment of the 50ct but was experiencing a slight problem in that two of the containers had popped open so I was in the middle of counting the worms to make sure there were still 50 in each container. (There weren't) and I had stacked the remaining superworm containers on the cricket podium to later mark up.
As when our shipments come in we mark each container so we know what date they came in that way we can ensure older dates are sold first before the bugs die.
Since the containers were in plain view the customer asked if he could just take one. And I said yes.
Keep in mind this was before I could mark them with the date.
In the meantime I discover that there must have been a goof at the bug company because each container of 50 actually only had 25-30 Superworms in it. So I spend the next hour counting all the containers and combining them so that we're selling 50 Superworms in the 50ct container.
Soon after I finish this task the customer who bought a container calls back saying that when he got home and opened it... It was empty of worms but had a gel inside of it instead. Knowing that the containers were short we said he could bring it back in and we'd exchange it out.
HOWEVER. Instead of the customer coming in here sent his son instead to do the exchange.
And when the son hands me the container I immediately know something isn't right.
Why? Because we mark the dates on the container so we know which ones came in when.
The replacement container should have had no markings though because it had just come in. And I hadn't yet gone through them (so didn't move any lids) to count or mark them. BUT. What do I see when I look at the container?
I see a red 1003 on it.
Meaning that this particular lid was from a shipment that had come in back on October 3rd.
Considering we've been out of the 50ct Superworms for nearly a month, and that I hadn't touched the lids before that point and we don't reuse lids at all... It's impossible that we would still have a lid from October on the MOST RECENT shipment of Superworms.
Ergo. The customer is a big fat liar.
He stuck to his guns though when the son called asking if there was a different container at home he should have grabbed instead. Nope the customer insisted that this was the exact same container he'd picked up earlier. (Liar liar pants on fire)
Despite knowing that this was a fraud case. We took pity on the poor son caught in the middle of a he said/she said battle and did indeed exchange it for a 50ct container that actually has 50 Superworms in it and today's date since the container is only $6.
Still. I hope the man's conscience gets to him. Like how despicable and cowardly to send your son and embarrass him like that when we have proof the container wasn't the one purchased today. Like you can't face us yourself with your lies? Shame on you customer. Shame on you. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment