Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Catch It!

Twice this week I've been called upon to rescue my roomies from various insects. 

Which I suppose is a great sign that spring is finally here when all the bugs come out of hiding. 

The first happened on Saturday, when my roomie discovered a jumping spider on the ceiling in the living room. 
Unfortunately for her the rest of us had gone out for a walk to enjoy the sunny weather...so it was a bit before we returned, but when we did...the others were like "Not it!" when it came to taking care of the spider.

And like...I'm not fond of spiders. But I was definitely the only roomie in the house that was willing to catch the spider to release it outside instead of squishing it with a shoe.

So I grabbed a jar, climbed onto a chair, and caught the creature before taking it outside to go enjoy the grass and such.

The other event happened earlier today when my roomie (a different one) texted me to say that there was a hornet in her bedroom on the ceiling. 

Which is a bit more tricky because a) they can sting and b) they can fly. 
And my roomie has vaulted ceilings in her room so it wasn't like I could stand on a chair and catch the hornet. 

My first thought was to maybe go grab a broom and shooo it away.
But then I had a different thought.
And pulled open the screen to the outside so that the hornet would have an easy way to get out.
And then I grabbed one of the random Glade scents -berry smells- that I had in the living room.

I ended up spraying a fine mist up towards the hornet....who reacted to the scent and took off...straight outside through the opening I had left for it. 

()_()
Honestly I was surprised that had worked lol. And so quickly too. I nearly expected to have my roomie take cover under her covers while I would try and cox the flying hornet out through the opening.

But nope. The good little hornet just up and flew away. So woot!!

But yah. Dunno how I ended up becoming the bug saver in the house...but that's apparently my duty now. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment