Friday, April 10, 2020

Fasting

Fasting hasn't always been the easiest for me.

More often than not, participating in the fast by abstaining from food for at least two meals often causes me grief in the form of headaches.

Which probably proves that some of my headaches are definitely caused by not drinking or eating enough and that causes my body to protest in the form of a headache or sometimes even a migraine.

*exhales*

There are some Fast Sundays that I end up not participating in because of that.
Though I do try and fast when I can. 

I was wondering just how to do a Fast today. 
I mean. I figured I could handle it. As today was my day off from work. 
So I wouldn't be exerting a lot of energy.
Which would decrease my chances of getting a headache.

At the same time, I'd participated in the fast for the first Sunday of the month....and ended up with a migraine that lasted at least three days.

So I wasn't sure I could do a food fast.

Though it was suggested that I could fast from something else.
Which since I'm always on Tumblr...that came to mind as that would be a bit of a sacrifice for me to stay away from the site. 

Even last night.
I wasn't sure what I would do.
Food fast.
Social Media Fast.

But I decided...to try both.

That way if I ended up not being able to stay fasting from food.
I would already be fasting from Tumblr.

^^;;
I ended up doing both.
I even fasted longer today from food than I did on Sunday.
As I chose to break my fast just after 4pm.

Though I did wait a few more hours after that before venturing onto Tumblr. 

So I'm rather proud of myself for going so long. ^^;;

Now it's the wait and see game.
To see if I end up with a migraine tomorrow like I did last time I fasted.
Or if I did better at preemptively preventing it. 
We'll see.

Still. I'm glad I was able to participate in the fast. 
Hopefully things improve in this pandemic. That the fast helps. Helps those to see inspiration to fight the pandemic. For those effected to improve. And...well so much more. That we can get the world back to normal.

*fingers crossed*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment