Thursday, April 2, 2020

All By Myself

Had a rather different experience today at work.

As usually today we get in our smallpet/bird shipment.
And usually the procedure is that the driver brings in the animals, I take him to the back to the cages prepped back there, and then he places the animals in the totes while I watch and double check and make sure that the animals look healthy and such before I sign the paperwork provided and then he takes his cart with empty boxes back outside to his truck.

Today however.
We had a different sort of procedure.
As apparently there's been a change in how the animals are delivered due to the Virus.

Where the driver was wearing gloves and a mask....and stayed at the front of the store.

Apparently they're no longer coming into the back rooms with us while the Virus is being prevalent.

So I ended up taking the cart of animals to the back room by myself.
And then had to place the animals into their cages on my own instead of the guy doing it. 

Luckily, having done this many many many times over the years.
I was familiar enough with how the delivery guy puts animals into the cages that I was able to do so myself with little hassle.

I mean one hamster tried to jump out of my hands.
And some of the boxes are slightly hard to open.

But I knew what to look for in the animals and where to put them and how to get them in their new temporary homes.

Only had one question as one guinea pig that we got in didn't look like a male so I brought him back up to the front to double check with the guy who showed me how it was indeed a male.

And yah.
Overall no hassle.

But very different from what we usually do.

I'm rather glad that I was the one here.
Because I can only imagine the struggles less familiar people would have with the process.
I could see a lot of things going wrong with this with having the driver not be present and such....

But at least my store doesn't have to worry (so long as they keep me working the days the animals show up that is) 

But yah. Interesting exprience.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment