Saturday, April 18, 2020

Watching

It's been a while since I've watched kids.

I mean, like any other jr. high/high school student, I would babysit for kids around the neighborhood to earn some extra money.

But since that point? I haven't really been around people who need a babysitter. 
I mean there have been times when I've 'watched' the kids. But it's been more of an "entertain them while the parent(s) talk in the other room" sort of watch. 

In this case. 
I volunteered to watch my nephews.

Which it's so weird that I have nephews.

But. Kikay has been semi-complaining about the lack of furniture in their new house.

As they basically bought their house, moved all their current things into it, got married, went on their honeymoon...and returned to find themselves needing to self-isolate and basically all the stores shut down before they could shop for furniture to fill the house with.

Kinda hard to buy furniture when all the stores are closed. 
And it's like...you don't want to buy a couch online when you don't know how it feels or how comfortable it is....

So they've been stuck with the few pieces of furniture that they brought with them from their old places for like...over a month now. 

However.
When Kikay dropped by for a visit and we went adventuring for food, we discovered that there were a couple of furniture places still open.

O.o not sure how they're still open. But I guess selling furniture is important??
In any case, after we established that you could go into the store and actually sit on the furniture and such...Kikay was like..."I need to bring husband here!" 

Since he's rather particular about furniture. Wants it to be comfy and functional and such.

But like...during this pandemic it's not easy to find a babysitter for the boys and it's not exactly the best idea to bring the kids with you when you are searching for furniture.

So I, along with Ash's help, volunteered to take the boys Pokemon Hunting for a couple of hours so that Kikay and Husband could have a chance to go furniture shopping for a couch (and get some probably much needed alone time with each other) 

It was kinda daunting really.
Watching two boys.
As I watched mostly girls when did the babysitting gig.

But overall. We had a ton of fun Ash and I.
We took the boys to the nearby campus as there's a lot of pokemon stops and gyms there plus tons of pokemon themselves. 
Also since it's like...finals week...and basically all the colleges are doing online classes themselves we knew that there shouldn't be a ton of people around.

And since it's basically the boy's first venture out into public since before all the crazy happened, they were quite excited to walk around catching pokemon and later, when their phones died, loved watching the ducks at the local duck pond nearby. 

It fun. And I hope that they had fun too. :D
idk when we'll be able to do it again, but at least Ash and I now know that we can handled the two of them for a couple of hours at least. 

Plus! Kikay and Husband found a couch to buy! Woot!! :D 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment