Saturday, April 16, 2011

Early Morning Walk

I had to get up earlier then usual today. To get to an 8am meeting for Institute.
(I was put on the council! Woot! I get to practice my leadership skills ;) lol)
Anywho.
I realized on my walk over.
That its been a while since I've walked to school so early.
My first year of college a couple of years back.
Back when I was still naive to the joys of college life and trying to make it similar to high school by having classes start at 8 and end by 3.
I would walk to school in the morning. At the same time I did now.
And it struck me how....calm it is at that time in the day.
It might have been because it's a Saturday, and most people prefer to sleep in on Saturdays
And that I was heading to school...where most college students don't go on a Saturday,
factored into this equation.
But it was peaceful. :)
Hardly any people around.
just the birds chirping in the trees and the smell of cut grass in the air.
And I remembered.
Why I had liked being up before 8am my first year.
Because of that calm moment I had.
-While I was briskly walking to school to get to class on time-
Almost every morning.
Where I could just look around and enjoy what I was seeing and hearing.
It was almost like the calm before the storm.
And I like that feeling. :)
I often find it in the Institute building itself.
(which is why I spend alot of time in it lol)
But early morning walks, can also give me the same feeling.
Perhaps I'll consider getting up earlier....
Perhaps. lol.


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream


There were some weird lumps on the right side of my abdomen. Between the hip and my belly button.
So I pulled up my shirt to find.
Three lumps of strings coming out of my skin in that area.
One was a greyish blue color and it was the thickets of the lot.
Looking like a small twisted cord. like rope, it stuck out of me kind of stiffly.
There might have been two parts of this cord, a short stubby part, and a longer more stringy part.
Then the two other areas near by looked liked they'd been sown haphazardly through my skin.
They were almost skin color, but not quite. And there were long strings everywhere.
I stared at the strings.
Trying to remember if they'd been there my whole life or not.


I ended up going to my mom.
And asking her if she could...fix it. Trim the strings and such so it wouldn't bug me.
First she started above my belly button.
There was a rectangle mark there. Similar to the others. But the string actually wasn't sticking out.
It just looked somewhat like a scar.
Anyway my Mom peeled back that square from right to left. (left edge remained attached)
And fished out another flap of skin that had been buried underneath. She switched the skin places.
So that the flap of skin (it opened from left to right with the right edge still being connected to the skin)
that had been underneath, and moved it to the top position.
Surprisingly, that felt better.
Anyway, mom moved to work on the grey string that was now sticking a good two or three inches from my abdomen.
I got distracted then and when I looked back.
The grey cord string was gone with barely a mark on my stomach.
Oh, I got distracted because I asked my mom how long these strings had been there.
And her response was "since you got back from the hospital"
My thoughts were "Oh, so since I was little, how come I didn't notice these earlier. wow, the hospital does a rather crappy job, and Ah ha! So that is where they stuck the little monitoring device to monitor me.
Mom continued working on the strings....
but the dream shifted.
And I was with a bunch of other girls...family/friends of different ages.
At my Grandma's house, we were basically hanging out on the porch...though it was inside the house...so it was like a semi outdoor room. Lying on a blanket.
And these two girls came out...they were halfway...rude...halfway not. One was tall and dark haired the other shorter.
Anywho the tall girl -snooty- made the observation that I wear my hair in two different styles.
Down.
Or my bangs pulled back in a semi ponytail.
And she gave reasons for why I did that, based on...how I was feeling...a characteristic of me...
I really can't remember :(
But I do remember that I thought it over and though that she was right.
I wore my hair in one way to portray this type of ideal.
and my hair in a different way to portray something completely different.


And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.


Extra Info.
- The dream about that part of my abdomen, most likely resulted from my worry about that part of my body, because its been hurting for no reason that I can comprehend for like three months now.


And that
Is why the fox never came home. :)


-S.N.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment