Monday, April 11, 2011

The Wannabe Chef Experimental Ideas

I think if I had a willing group of lab rats.
Money to spare.
and all the implements of cooking needed in my kitchen.
That I would have a blast trying out different recipes of my own design.
Sadly, I have not the time nor the group of lab rats to test out my food ideas.
And it seems a shame waste to experiment on food...that might not get eaten because it might not taste good.

Here are a couple of ideas I have....that on hindsight....probably won't work at all. But it was an intriguing idea at the time.

The first. Was having a BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) as well as pepperoni and cheese on toasted bread.
-It wasn't that original, I think Subway has a sandwich similar in style.
But the idea seemed...unappetizing to me. Mostly because I didn't think pepperoni would taste good with Miracle Whip and Mustard and I wasn't sure bacon and pepperoni would go together. Yah...plus I had no lettuce. :( Soo while the idea seemed great in the beginning...after thinking about it....it really didn't seem like it would taste that good. 
I think the idea would be similar to when I put pepperoni in with Ramen noodles a year or so ago. While it was edible, it was not delicious and I haven't tried to have it since.

The second idea, which I might try once I figure out how is to have...Enchilada Steak.
Where I get some steak and I season it with Enchilada sauce and serve it on a bed of rice that has been seasoned as well...in the Spanish style. Not sure how to do Spanish rice...but I'm willing to figure it out lol :)
My hang up here....besides not having half of the ingredients....is that I don't know if Enchilada sauce would work with a nice steak. I know it works with beef and chicken and beans because those meats are often served in the enchilada style. But would it work with a full steak. not something cut into pieces? Will the rice work with it? Perhaps if I just use Enchilada sauce for both....
I don't know.

But there is a glimpse inside my mind of some food ideas I'd love to try....when I'd have more then one person (besides myself) to test it out on. :) lol.
Perhaps this summer will yield more results once school is done with and I'll have more time to make the time to prepare food. :D lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in a dark room with a group of other people. (5 or 6 total)
We were tied up and not likely to go anywhere soon.
I was looking at one of the girls. She had pale skin and black hair and I noticed that her arm was glowing...
she had a black mark that looked like an arrow...that was twisting and moving.
I told the others, but they couldn't see it.
Only I could see it apparently.
Or only I could see it soo clearly.
It tended to fade in and out. Clear one moment then gone the next.
Then...a creature of some sort...black in color came off of her arm by her direction and went up the wall over the ceiling and attacked me.
In the end...I had a green neon glowing arrow on my own arm.
Other people also had arrows in different colors, Red and Yellow, maybe purple.
I know that Red and Yellow survived. But other colors...other people weren't strong enough to survive the change. Because apparently the arrow instigated...a kind of shape shifting. Like you could shift into a wolf.
But I was strong enough to survive.

I was with my best friend ( a guy) and we were arguing on a back porch. He had darker skin and black hair (he reminded me of a young Michael Jackson) I think he was jealous of my arrow.
I ended up pushing him and he fell over the railing and landed on the car below.
But I....wasn't concerned. I pushed him then left and never looked back.
The fall ended up 'killing the best friend" though I didn't know that.
however. He wasn't dead. He was given the chance to live again.
His skin turned a shade of green and his hair was a bit more stringy and stuck out in all directions.
There was a guy -that I couldn't see- who recited a...spell...a set of conditions.
Basically what they said was that by night. The best friend would have to obey the voice. But during the day. It would seem like he was just himself. Not dead, just like any other normal being, but totally oblivious to the fact that the voice now basically 'owned' his soul.
So by day he would be human.
And by night he'd be this green Frankenstein type of zombie creature.
(He was basically a zombie now....at least by night. by day I would notice nothing was wrong.)
And my goal was to try and break him from that curse.

And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

Extra Info.
-This is the first time I've dreamt of a 'zombie' concept.

And that
Is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment