Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hyper Hazy Focus

I had one of those headaches last night.
Where I knew that it didn't matter when I went to bed.
I would be waking up in the middle of the night
with my head aching worse.
I was right.
In the fact that I did end up waking up in the middle of the night
with my headache still there.
It wasn't that much worse then I went to bed with.
So that wasn't an issue.
What was the issue was that my stomach wasn't feeling all that great.
As well as the random pains that have been popping up in the past couple of weeks.

Methinks that the stress of school is getting to me
In ways different from the last couple years of school.

Anywho.
I find it rather....funny in a...non funny way what I tend to focus on when I wake up
with these 'middle of the night' headaches that will be gone by the morning when I have to actually get up.

I might have mentioned this before.
But my mind tends to...be hyper focused in a detached hazy sort of way on some random topic I had talked about earlier in the day.
Lately this subject has been an anatomy related subject.
Since that class has basically taken over my life. lol.

Unfortunately, this past week.
We've been focusing on the Digestive System.
Yep.
That means....
the area that has been bugging me for the past couple of weeks.
Coincidentally...that's how long I've been on the digestive system.

Now its just a matter of deciding if there is actually something wrong with me...or if its all just in my head lol.

Anywho...I woke up for the middle of the night wake up.
And my mind was focused on the Digestive system.
Trying to name different parts and what they did, etc.
Its funny to me because its like I'm in two minds at that point.
The one that is awake enough to do the physical tasks and to say "hey brain stop thinking that."
And the other part of my mind that is still hyper focused on it in that hazy way where it won't stop.
So I end up dozing off with a mixture of "next day" "anatomy" and "weird" dreams flowing through my brain.

Needless to say. Its a love hate relationship.
I'm always curious to see what my brain will focus on this time when I get a headache.
but I really don't like getting the headaches because I feel off kilter for the rest of the day.

In either way.
I find it rather interesting how I can be hyper focused on a random topic in the middle of the night.
But in a hazy....still dream like type of way. Where I'm awake....yet I'm not awake.
I wonder if this only happens when i wake up in a certain stage of the sleep cycle.
Perhaps I'll have to look into it.
If there is an area where the brain is active, but not dreaming.
Hmm....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment